Wolfgang Engel’s GPU Pro 360 Guide to 3D Engine Design gathers all the cutting-edge information from his previous seven GPU Pro volumes into a convenient single source anthology that covers the design of a 3D engine. This volume is complete with articles by leading programmers that focus on various aspects of 3D engine design such as quality and optimization as well as high-level architecture. GPU Pro 360 Guide to 3D Engine Design is comprised of ready-to-use ideas and efficient procedures that can help solve many computer graphics programming challenges that may arise.
- Presents tips & tricks on real-time rendering of special effects and visualization data on common consumer software platforms such as PCs, video consoles, mobile devices
- Covers specific challenges involved in creating games on various platforms
- Explores the latest developments in rapidly evolving field of real-time rendering
- Takes practical approach that helps graphics programmers solve their daily challenges
Table of Contents
1. Optimizing a 3D UI Engine for Mobile Devices 3. Post-Processing Effects on Mobile Devices 4. Shader-Based Water Effects 5. Realtistic Real-Time Skin Rendering on Mobile 6. Deferred Rendering Teniques on Mobile Devices 7. Bandwidth Efficient Graphics with ARM Mali GPUs 8. Efficient Morph Target Animation Using Open GL ES 3.0 9. Tiled Deferred Blending 10. Adaptable Scalable Texture Compression 11. Optimizing OpenCL Kernals for ther ARM Mali-T600 GPUs 12. Hybrid Ray Tracing on a Power VR GPU 13. Implementing a GPU-Only Particle-Collision System with ASTC 3D Textures and Open ES 3.0 14. Animated aracters with Shell Fur for Mobile Devices 15. High Dynamic Range Computational Photography on Mobile GPUs 16. Efficient Soft Shadows Based on Static Local Cubemap 17. Physically-Based Deferred Shading on Mobile
Wolfgang Engel is the CEO of Confetti, a think tank for advanced real-time graphics for the games and movie industries. Previously he worked in Rockstar's core technology group as the lead graphics programmer.