Genetics of Complex Disease
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
Genetics of Complex Disease examines how the identification of genetic variations that increase or reduce the risk of common, genetically complex, diseases can be used to improve our understanding of the pathology of many common diseases; enable better patient management and care; and help with differential diagnosis. It starts with the questions of "what", "why" and "how," and continues with more specific topics such as HLA and immunogenetics, pharmacogenetics, cancer, and diabetes. It finishes with a discussion of ethical issues, and looks to future developments. Genetics of Complex Disease is designed for advanced undergraduate and graduate students in the biomedical sciences and medicine.
1. Genetic Diversity
2. Defining Complex Disease
3. How to Investigate Complex Disease Genetics
4. Why Investigate Complex Disease Genetics?
5. Statistical Considerations for the Planning and Analysis of Genetic Studies in Complex Disease.
6. The MHC
7. Genetics of Infectious Disease
9. Cancer as a Complex Disease: Genetic Factors Affecting Cancer Susceptibility and Cancer Treatment
10. Genetic Studies on Susceptibility to Diabetes
11. Ethical, Social and Personal Consequences
12. Sequencing Technology and the Future of Complex Disease Genetics
We offer free standard shipping on every order across the globe.
- Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)