Treating the geology of Egypt and Libya as one entity, this unquestionably thorough text is divided into six parts covering the following key areas:
· the tectonic framework of Egypt and Libya and the main tectonic elements in the two countries
· the geology of the Pan-African Shield
· the Phanerozoic stratigraphy of Egypt, with a review of the stratigraphic nomenclature
· a review of the stratigraphy of Libya
· a synthesis of the geological evolution of Egypt and Libya, and how this fits into global tectonics and sea-level fluctuations.
· a bibliographic list of more than 2000 references used in the compilation of the book.
Part 1: Tectonic framework of Egypt and Libya
Part 2: Nubian-African Shield
Part 3: Phanerozoic geology of Egypt
Part 4: Phanerozoic geology of Libya
Part 5: Phanerozoic geological history
References; Subject index.