- This book contains essential advice and guidance for those thinking of starting out in the Portable appliance testing industry.
- A detailed look at the subject of Portable Appliance Testing (PAT), this book is the ideal accompaniment for those studying the City & Guild and EAL PAT courses.
- Theory and assessment covered in one volume, with advice, revision exercises and sample tests to aid exam preparation.
- Contains all the information required to qualify and begin testing portable appliances.
The Get Qualified series provides clear and concise guidance for people looking to work within the electrical industry. This book clearly explains the options available to those wishing to enter the portable appliance testing industry and supports the reader through the subject in a step-by-step manner. Most importantly, it covers the theory behind portable appliance testing as well as looking in detail at each exam learning outcome. There are also sections on exam preparation, revision exercises and sample questions.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction 2. What is PAT Testing 3. Who can PAT Test? 4. What are my training options? 5. Learning outcome 1: Understand the statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to the management of electrical equipment maintenance 6. Learning outcome 2: Understand the electrical units of measurement associated with in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment 7. Learning outcome 3: Understand how equipment construction and classification reduces the risk of electric shock 8. Learning outcome 4: Understand the procedures for the in service inspection and testing of electrical equipment 9. Learning outcome 5: Understand how to carry out combined inspection and testing 10. Learning outcome 6: Understand the information contained in documentation for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment 11. Learning outcome 7: Be able to inspect and test items of electrical equipment 12. Good examination practice 13. Sample examination questions
Kevin Smith is a highly regarded electrical trainer, with many years of experience delivering training courses to companies large and small throughout the UK. In recent years, in addition to running his own consultancy company, Kevin has worked within the electrical test equipment sector, most notably developing and delivering product training on behalf of the well known test equipment manufacturer Seaward.