Global Logistics Management focuses on the evolution of logistics in the last two decades, and highlights recent developments from a worldwide perspective. The book details a wide range of application-oriented studies, from metropolitan bus routing problems to relief logistics, and introduces the state of the art on some classical applications. The book addresses typical logistic problems, most specifically the vehicle routing problem (VRP), followed by a series of analyses and discussions on various logistics problems plaguing airline and marine systems.
The text addresses problems encountered in continuous space, and discusses the issue of consolidation, scheduling, and replenishment decisions together with routing. It proposes a methodology that supports decision making at a tactical and operational level associated with daily inventory management, and also examines the three-echelon logistic network.
This material provides numerous examples and additional topics that include:
- An analysis for the airline industry and a novel approach for airline logistics including fare pricing and seat inventory control
- The berth-crane allocation problem in container terminals
- A marine system logistics application
- Ice navigation problems and factors that affect ice navigation
- Pharmaceutical warehouse route design problems
- An application in healthcare logistics in which medical suppliers are evaluated through a fuzzy linguistic representation model
- A real data-driven simulation model that outputs a new shuttle system
- A model that integrates routing and batching problems
- Joint replenishment and transportation problems
Global Logistics Managementclearly illustrates logistic problems encountered in many different application areas, and provides you with the latest advances in classical applications.
Daily Planning for Three-Echelon Logistics Associated with Inventory Management under Demand Deviation. New Local Search Algorithm for Vehicle Routing Problem with Simultaneous Pickup and Delivery. Optimal Fencing in Airline Industry with Demand Leakage. Bi-Objective Berth–Crane Allocation Problem in Container Terminals. Route Selection Problem in the Arctic Region for the Global Logistics Industry. Route Design in a Pharmaceutical Warehouse via Mathematical Programming. Integrated Decision Model for Medical Supplier Evaluation. Arc Selection and Routing for Restoration of Network Connectivity after a Disaster. Feasibility Study of Shuttle Services to Reduce Bus Congestion in Downtown Izmir. Relocation of the Power Transmission and Distribution Division of a Multinational Electronics and Electrical Engineering Company. Location Problems with Demand Regions. A New Approach for Synchronizing Production and Distribution Scheduling: Case Study. An Integrated Replenishment and Transportation Model: Computational Performance Assessment. Author Index. Subject Index.