Although green innovation and technology is not new, so far very limited information is available regarding the diversified approaches for green technologies and engineering. This book highlights the challenges and opportunities, offering a roadmap for using various approaches in the most cost effective way.
The book discusses the interrelationship between a circular economy and green technologies. It presents the dimensions of green innovations and illustrates the challenges of industrialization, especially in terms of material synthesis and utilized processes. It covers the current environmental and health challenges of societies and describes the role of stakeholders in developing sustainable societies and industries.
This book provides a line of approach to core and interdisciplinary students, academicians, research scientists, and various industry personnel to present their ideas of green innovations with a common vision of sustainable development of community and industries in mind.
- Discusses the interrelationship between a circular economy and green technologies
- Presents the dimensions of green innovations
- Illustrates the challenges of industrialization, especially in terms of material synthesis and utilized processes
- Covers the current environmental and health challenges of societies
- Offers the identification and role of stakeholders in the sustainable development of societies and industries
Table of Contents
Part I: Process Augmentation of Green Technologies
1. Recent Development of Novel Composite Materials for Carbon Capture: A Green Technology
[Koushik Singha Roy and Alkesha Kantilal Naik]
2. Surface Miner: A Green Approach to Coal Production in Indian Surface Coal Mines
[Manish Yadav, Satya Prakash Sahu, Neeraj Kumar Singh, Pritiranjan Singh and AM Krishna Das]
3. Biofuel Production: Methods, Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainable Development
[Prabuddha Gupta, Tejas Oza, Mahendrapalsingh Rajput, Ujwalkumar Trivedi and Gaurav Sanghvi]
4. Elucidation of Microbial Exopolysaccharide for Managing Environmental Contaminants: A Sustainable Approach
[Koushik Singha Roy and Soham Desai]
5. Aerobic Synthesis of Value-Added Organic Acid: Routes Towards Sustainable Industrialization
[Jayato Nayak, Sampriti Nayak, Sankha Chakrabortty, Pinaki Dey, Parimal Pal, Siddhartha Pandey, Amit Kumar and S. Anand Kumar Varma]
6. Green Synthesis of Food Flavoring Agents
[Sankha Chakrabortty, Jayato Nayak, Shirsendu Banerjee, Ramesh Kumar, Parimal Pal, Prasenjit Chakraborty, Ishita Sarkar and Amit Kumar]
7. Using Black Soldier Fly Larvae for Sustainable Waste Management: A New Perspective on Circular Economy
[Vinoth Rayar, Raghavendra Singh, Nitin Kumar Singh and Hirendrasinh Padhiyar]
Part II: Sustainable Approaches in Engineering
8. Implementation of Sustainable Green Technologies in Waste Management
[Ankur Kumar Bansal, Gopal Das, Siddhartha Pandey, Amitava Ghosh, Shivam Kapoor, Mohd. Saqib Qadeer, Indra Vikram Singh and Khalid Muzamil Gani]
9. Applications of Moringa Oleifera for Wastewater Treatment: Concepts and Approaches
[Arti Thanki Hirendrasinh Padhiyar, Twinkle Kathiriya Divyang Shah and Nitin Kumar Singh]
10. Smart Energy Control and Comfort Management in Buildings
[V. S. K. V. Harish and Arun Kumar]
11. Building-to-Grid Integration for Smart Grids
[V. S. K. V. Harish, Dipti Parab and Karan Doshi]
12. Role of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Corporate Environmental Responsibility (CER) in Achieving Sustainability Goals
[Manish Yadav, Neeraj Kumar Singh, Ramesh Chandra Sahoo and Uma Kanta Mohanty]
13. Life Cycle Assessment of Wastewater Treatment Plant: A Mini-Review
[Rana Pratap Singh and Absar Ahmad Kazmi]
14. Indoor Air Quality and Green Building: Nexus for Sustainable Development
[Soham Desai, Twinkle Kathiriya, Abhishek Gupta, Veerendra Sahu, Manish Yadav and Tushali Jagwani]
15. Circular Economic Business Models: Responsible Research and Innovation Opportunities in the Emerging Economies
[Shivam Rai, Siddharth Shankar Rai, Rashmi Singh and Nitin Kumar Singh]
Dr. Nitin Kumar Singh is presently working as an Assistant Professor in Department of Environmental Science and Engineering at Marwadi Education Foundations Group of Institutions, Rajkot (Gujarat). He has spent 9 years in the field of waste management, green synthesis and processes, techno-economic analysis, cost-benefit analysis, sustainability assessment. Having published 35 papers in international journals and conferences, he is enriched with research as well implementation-oriented projects. So far, he has also secured three student-oriented research grants from State Government departments.
Dr. Siddhartha Pandey is an Associate Professor in Department of Civil Engineering at Chalapathi Institute of Technology, India. The editor has authored a total of 9 publications in journals and conferences of international repute. His research interest includes treatment of wastewater, solid waste management and ground water pollution mitigation.
Dr. Himanshu Sharma is an Assistant Professor in Department of Civil Engineering at Institute of Infrastructure Technology, Research And Management (IIITRAM), India. The editor has authored 13 publications which include publications in journals and conferences of international repute. His broad area of research is “pollutant transportation in riverine system”.
Dr. Sunkulp Goel is presently working as an Assistant Professor in Herbert Gleiter Institute of Nanoscience, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing, China. Dr. Goel has a total of 46 publications in journals and conferences of national and international repute. Dr. Goel has research interests in field of nanotechnology and its application in various fields which include pollution abatement also.