Green Power Perspectives on Sustainable Electricity Generation
Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)
Green Power: Perspectives on Sustainable Electricity Generation provides a systematic overview of the current state of green power and renewable electrical energy production in the world. Presenting eight in-depth case studies of green power production and dissemination, it illustrates the experiences and best practices of various countries on this topic of critical importance.
The book’s case studies provide readers with policy, business, and societal perspectives. They examine the differences in each country’s natural endowments, cultural make-up, technological development, public-policy concerns, and institutional incentive structures relative to the advancement of green and sustainable energy.
- Considers China’s energy profile and what is being done to reduce the country’s reliance on coal
- Describes the cultural foundations and institutional environment that gave birth to Germany’s energy revolution
- Supplies an overview of the renewable energy sector in Spain and analyzes its future prospects in light of recent economic difficulties
- Reports on French Polynesia’s progress in its quest to generate half of its electricity from renewable sources by 2020
- Investigates the feasibility of biomass as a large-scale electricity generation option
- Explores the vision of power generation in space that could solve mankind’s energy needs permanently
By illustrating the experiences of other nations, the book outlines valuable lessons learned and best practices that can be extremely helpful to other countries as they seek a greener energy profile. Supplying a timely overview of renewable and non-renewable electric power sources, it provides in-depth analysis of the key factors that affect success. It also identifies practices that have been precursors to failure so you can avoid making the same mistakes in your quest to contribute to the long-overdue advancement of green energy.
Green Power: Perspectives on Sustainable Electricity Generation; João Neiva de Figueiredo and Mauro Guillén
An Overview of Electricity Generation Sources; Akhil Jariwala and Saumil Jariwala
Germany’s Energy Revolution; José Carlos Thomaz, Jr. and Sean Michalson
China’s Energy Profile and the Importance of Coal; Julia Zheng and Xiaoting Zheng
China’s Search for Cleaner Electricity Generation Alternatives; Julia Zheng and Xiaoting Zheng
Renewable Energy in Spain: A Quest for Energy Security; José Normando Bezerra, Jr.
Renewable Energy in French Polynesia: From Unpredictable to Energy Independence? Diana Townsend-Butterworth Mears
The Global Biopower Industry: Time for a Growth Phase?; Hannah Tucker González and José Luis González Pastor
The Business Case for Power Generation in Space for Terrestrial Applications; Andre Luiz Soresini
Strategic Considerations for Electric Vehicle Adoption; Luca Ratto and Natalie Volpe
Going Forward: Moving from Perspectives to Action; João Neiva de Figueiredo and Mauro Guillén
We offer free standard shipping on every order across the globe.
- Free Shipping (6-12 Business Days)