1,752 pages | 407 B/W Illus.
Building on the foundation set by its best-selling predecessors, the Groundwater Chemicals Desk Reference, Fourth Edition is both a broad, comprehensive desk reference and a guide for field research. This fourth edition contains more than 1,700 additional references, including adsorption data for more than 800 organic compounds and metals, solubility data for over 2,500 compounds, octanol-water partition coefficients for 1,475 compounds, toxicity data for 1,100 compounds, more than 31,000 synonyms, and more than 2,250 degradation products, impurities, and compounds in commercially available products cross-referenced to parent compounds.
See what’s new in the Fourth Edition:
· Additional bioconcentration factors
· Additional aquatic and mammalian toxicity values
· Additional degradation rates and corresponding half-lives in various environmental compartments
· Ionization potentials
· Additional aqueous solubility of miscellaneous inorganic and organic compounds
· Additional Henry’s Law constants for 1,850 compound entries
· Additional octanol-water partition coefficients for 1,475 compound entries
· Additional biological, chemical, and theoretical oxygen demand values for various organic compounds
· Four additional tables: Test Method Number Index, Dielectric Values of Earth Materials and Fluids, Lowest Odor Threshold Concentrations of Organic Compounds in Water, and Lowest Threshold Concentrations of Organic Compounds in Water
· A section for each compound entry describing potential sources of compounds detected in the environment
The compounds profiled include solvents, herbicides, insecticides, fumigants, and other hazardous substances commonly found in the groundwater and soil environments, the organic Priority Pollutants promulgated by the U.S. EPA under the Clean Water Act of 1977, and compounds commonly found in the workplace and environment. The presentation remains virtually the same as previous editions, making the information easy to find and immediately useful.
Alphabetical Listing of Compounds
Empirical Formula Index
Degradation Product and Impurity Index
Appendix: Environmental Fate Data for Miscellaneous Compounds