This book focusses on III-V high electron mobility transistors (HEMTs) including basic physics, material used, fabrications details, modeling, simulation, and other important aspects. It initiates by describing principle of operation, material systems and material technologies followed by description of the structure, I-V characteristics, modeling of DC and RF parameters of AlGaN/GaN HEMTs. The book also provides information about source/drain engineering, gate engineering and channel engineering techniques used to improve the DC-RF and breakdown performance of HEMTs. Finally, the book also highlights the importance of metal oxide semiconductor high electron mobility transistors (MOS-HEMT).
- Combines III-As/P/N HEMTs with reliability and current status in single volume
- Includes AC/DC modelling and (sub)millimeter wave devices with reliability analysis
- Covers all theoretical and experimental aspects of HEMTs
- Discusses AlGaN/GaN transistors
- Presents DC, RF and breakdown characteristics of HEMTs on various material systems using graphs and plots
Table of Contents
1. Motivation Behind High Electron Mobility Transistors 2. Introduction to High Electron Mobility Transistors 3. HEMT Material Technology and Epitaxial Deposition Techniques 4. Source/Drain, Gate and Channel Engineering in HEMTs 5. AlGaN/GaN HEMTs for High Power Applications 6. AlGaN/GaN HEMT Fabrication and Challenges 7. Analytical Modeling of High Electron Mobility Transistors 8. Polarization Effects in AlGaN/GaN HEMTs 9. Current Collapse in AlGaN/GaN HEMTs 10. AlGaN/GaN HEMT Modeling and Simulation 11. Breakdown Voltage Improvement Techniques in AlGaN/GaN HEMTs 12. InP/InAlAs/InGaAs HEMTs for High Speed and Low Power Applications 13. A Study of the Elemental and Surface Characterization of AlGaN/GaN HEMT by Magnetron Sputtering System 14. Metamorphic HEMTs for Sub Millimeter Wave Applications 15. Metal Oxide Semiconductor High Electron Mobility Transistors 16. Double Gate High Electron Mobility Transistors
D.Nirmal (M’08 - SM’15)is currently an Associate Professor in the Schoolof Electrical sciences, Karunya University,India. Hereceived the Ph.D. degree in Information and CommunicationEngineering from Anna University, India.His research interest includes Nano electronics,Optoelectronics, Microelectronics, VLSI Design, Device fabrication and modelling. He is the author of many Refereedinternational journals and conferences. He is a Chair of IEEE EDCoimbatore Chapter. He has been awarded as Shri.P. K. Das Memorial Best Faculty Award in the Year2013. He has received best high impact factor journal publication awardand best researcher award from Karunya University in 2012 and 2014 respectively. He has delivered manylecture andinvited to chair severalconference/workshop in National and International Level. He is currently an editor in microelectronics journal. He is a senior member of IEEE, Member of IETE, SSI, ISTE and IEI Societies.
J. Ajayan received the B.Tech. Degree in electronics and communication engineering from Kerala University, Trivandrum, India, in 2009 and the M.Tech. degree in VLSI Design from Karunya University, Coimbatore, India, in 2012 and the Ph.D. degree in electronics and communication engineering from Karunya University, Coimbatore, INDIA, in 2017. He is a Senior assistant professor in the department of electronics and communication engineering at SNS College of Technology, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India. He has presented papers in many international conferences and also he is an author of many Refereed international journals (Elsevier, Taylor and Francis, Springer, IOP Science).