The pervasive influence of technology continuously shapes our daily lives. From smartphones to smart homes, technology is revolutionizing the way we live, work and interact with each other. Human-computer interaction (HCI) is a multidisciplinary research field focusing on the study of people interacting with information technology and plays a critical role in the development of computing systems that work well for the people using them, ensuring the seamless integration of interactive systems into our technologically driven lifestyles. The book series contains six volumes providing extensive coverage of the field, wherein each one addresses different theoretical and practical aspects of the HCI discipline. Readers will discover a wealth of information encompassing the foundational elements, state-of-the-art review in established and emerging domains, analysis of contemporary advancements brought about by the evolution of interactive technologies and artificial intelligence, as well as the emergence of diverse societal needs and application domains.
· Showcase the pivotal role of HCI in designing interactive applications across a diverse array of domains.
· Explore the dynamic relationship between humans and intelligent environments, with a specific emphasis on the role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT).
· Provide an extensive exploration of interaction design by examining a wide range of technologies, interaction techniques, styles and devices.
· Discuss user experience methods and tools for the design of user-friendly products and services.
· Bridge the gap between software engineering and human-computer interaction practices for usability, inclusion and sustainability.
These volumes are an essential read for individuals interested in human-computer interaction research and applications.
Volume I: Foundations and Fundamentals in Human-Computer Interaction
Volume II: Designing for Usability, Inclusion and Sustainability in Human-Computer Interaction
Volume III: User Experience Methods and Tools in Human-Computer Interaction
Volume IV: Interaction Techniques and Technologies Human-Computer Interaction
Volume V: Human-Computer Interaction in Intelligent Environments
Volume VI: Human-Computer Interaction in Various Application Domains