Handbook of Sustainable Polymers for Additive Manufacturing
This book provides the latest technical information on sustainable materials that are feedstocks for additive manufacturing (AM). Topics covered include an up-to-date and extensive overview of raw materials, their chemistry, and functional properties of their commercial versions; a description of the relevant AM processes, products, applications, advantages, and limitations; prices and market data; and a forecast of sustainable materials used in AM, their properties, and applications in the near future. Data included are relative to current commercial products and are presented in easy-to-read tables and charts.
- Highlights up-to-date information and data of actual commercial materials
- Offers a broad survey of state-of the-art information
- Forecasts future materials, applications, and areas of R&D
- Contains simple language, explains technical terms, and minimizes technical lingo
- Includes over 200 tables, nearly 200 figures, and more than 1,700 references to technical publications, mostly very recent
Handbook of Sustainable Polymers for Additive Manufacturing appeals to a diverse audience of students and academic, technical, and business professionals in the fields of materials science and mechanical, chemical, and manufacturing engineering.
1. Sustainable Polymers for Additive Manufacturing. 2. Additive Manufacturing and Its Polymeric Feedstocks. 3. Poly(Lactic Acid). 4. Polyamide. 5. Polyhydroxyalkanoates. 6. Wood-Filled Feedstocks. 7. Cellulose. 8. Bamboo. 9. Lignin. 10. Trees and Natural Fibers. 11. Carbohydrates. 12. Hydrogels. 13. Polybutylene Succinate. 14. 3D Food Printing. 15. Acrylates. Appendices. Index.