The Handbook of Systemic Drug Treatment in Dermatology helps prescribers and patients make rational decisions about drug treatment while considering known risks and potential unwanted effects. Written for dermatologists, family practitioners, pharmacists and specialist nurses, this completely revised and updated third edition of a bestseller provides an accessible and concise aid to prescribing and monitoring systemic dermatologic therapy. For each drug or drug class, the book lists its classification, mode of action, formulations, dosages, suggested regimens, contraindications, important drug interactions, adverse effects, patient information, and more. This third edition includes new classes of drugs as well as information on updated guidelines for prescribing and monitoring established drugs.
FROM REVIEWS OF PREVIOUS EDITIONS
"This updated edition includes new arrivals… Quite simply, it is indispensable! I have it with me in every clinic and often refer to it in discussions with pharmacists (who have been known to borrow my copy and forget to return it)." Dermatology in Practice
"... an outstanding resource that helps to alleviate worrying by providing precise guidelines and advice in managing our most infirm patients who require these medications." SkinMed
1. Acitretin - Peter C.M. van de Kerkhof.
2. Acne Antibiotics - Alexander Nast, Ricardo N. Werner, and Natalie Attard.
3. Alitretinoin - N Farah Mahmood, and Graham A Johnston.
4. Antiandrogens - Shirin Zaheri and Iaisha Ali.
5. Antibiotics Commonly Used for Skin Infections - Hui Min Liew, Victoria J. Hogarth, and Roderick J. Hay.
6. Antifungals - Rachael Morris-Jones.
7. Antimalarials - Thomas Tull, and Mark Goodfield.
8. Antivirals - Hannah Cookson.
9. Apremilast - Gayathri K Perera.
10. Azathioprine - Sarah H. Wakelin and Simon Meggitt.
11. Azole Antihelminths - Mahreen Ameen.
12. Bexarotene - Julia J. Scarisbrick.
13. Ciclosporin - Murtaza Khan, and John Berth-Jones.
14. Colchicine - Esther A Hullah, and Michael P Escudier.
15. Corticosteroids - Clive B. Archer.
16. Cyclophosphamide - Matthew Scorer, Olga Golberg and Karen Harman.
17. Dapsone - Charles Archer & Antonia Lloyd-Lavery.
18. Dimethyl Fumarate - Oonagh Molloy and Brian Kirby.
19. Interleukin 4/13 inhibitors - Alison Sears and Andrew Pink.
20. Interleukin (IL)-12/23 and IL-23 Inhibitors - Charles H Earnshaw and Richard B Warren.
21. Interleukin-17 antagonists - Leena Chularojanamontri, and Christopher E.M. Griffiths.
22. Isotretinoin - Alison M Layton.
23. Ivermectin - Jonathan Kentley, and L Claire Fuller.
24. Intravenous Immunoglobulin - Derrick Phillips.
25. Janus Kinase (JAK) Inhibitors - Courtney E. Heron, Lindsay C. Strowd, and Steven R. Feldman.
26. Malignant Melanoma Drug Treatments - Charlotte L. Edwards & Louise A. Fearfield.
27. Methotrexate - Richard Woolf and Catherine Smith.
28. Mycophenolate Mofetil - Joey E. Lai-Cheong, and Jane Setterfield
29. Omalizumab - Chris Rutkowski, Annette Wagner, and Clive Grattan.
30. Potassium Iodide - Genevieve Osborne.
31. Propranolol - Susannah Baron.
32. Psoralens - Hiva Fassihi.
33. Rituximab - Richard W. Groves.
34. Sulfapyridine & Sulfamethoxy- pyridazine - Ellie Rashidghamat.
35. Thalidomide - Elaine Agius, and Robert P.E. Sarkany.
36. Tumour Necrosis Factor Antagonists - Leena Chularojanamontri, andChristopher E.M. Griffiths.
37. Vismodegib - Faisal R. Ali, and John T. Lear.
38. Systemic Treatment in Children - Susannah Baron.
39. Kidney Disease – Phil Mason.
40. Systemic Therapy & Liver Disease - Maria Bashyam, and Shahid A Khan.
41. Systematic Therapy in Older People - Sarita Singh, Rosanna Fox, and Manuraj Singh.