160 pages | 94 B/W Illus.
Head, Eye, and Face Personal Protective Equipment: New Trends, Practice, and Applications presents protective equipment in the context of the latest design trends, materials, and technologies. It informs the reader using basic safety principles to avoid issues with commonly used personal protective equipment (PPE), such as helmets and eye and face protectors. It provides the latest design trends in eye and face protectors to avoid optical hazards and for use in variable lighting conditions.
• Fills the gap on current solutions of PPE and occupational safety
• Educates in reducing risk connected with using industrial safety gear
• Helpful to optometrists in the selection of eye protection for people with visual impairments
• Instructs the reader on choosing smart materials and safety products
• Provides good practices for checking the technical condition of the equipment
This book is essential for the safety professional and medical experts in the field. It provides an interdisciplinary approach to personal protective equipment using new technologies in the field.
"The monograph Head, Eye, and Face Personal Protective Equipment - New Trends, Practice and Applications is a complementary and thoughtful but selected compilation of the most relevant information concerning protective helmets as well as eye and face protection. The compilation of these two protection types is the result of the common use of both protective helmets and eye and face protectors. This requires their full compatibility, both in terms of ensuring optimum safety and comfort of use.
The presented monograph includes the current state of knowledge in this scope, extended by the results and summaries of the authors' own research. All requirements and research methods are given based on European (EN), international (ISO) standards and standards operating in different geographical areas.
The monograph also encompasses new trends in the design of protective helmets and eye and face protectors.
All this allows me to emphasize the uniqueness of this monograph in relation to previous publications in this field, both in terms of the scope and selection of information concerning protective helmets and eye and face protectors."
— Ryszard Korycki, Łódź University of Technology
1. Basic principles of safe use. 2. Head protection. 3. Eye and face protection. 4. Compatibility of the protective helmets, face and eye protectors. 5. Good practices in verification of technical condition of the protective equipment.