High-Power Laser Material Processing for Engineers
This book focuses on the mechanisms of how laser light is produced, guided, and focused for materials processing, explained in easily understandable language for practical use. It emphasizes a basic understanding of the principles necessary to run lasers in a safe and efficient way and provides information for quick access to laser materials processing for laser users.
• Provides simple explanations and descriptions of complex laser material interaction mechanisms to help readers understand relevant effects during laser beam irradiation of materials.
• Explains the main high-power laser materials processing methods, giving hints to get started with the processing and how to avoid imperfections.
• Focuses on high-power laser applications that are explained in an accessible, descriptive way with practical explanations and minimal formulas.
• Teaches how to measure laser beam characteristics and how to install and handle laser equipment correctly.
• Gives practical advice on typical equipment arrangements and parameter ranges.
This practical handbook serves as a guide for students studying production technologies to learn about laser processes and for engineers that want to start safely and quickly working with laser processes.