Hoshin Kanri Policy Deployment for Successful TQM
For Florida Power and Light, Hewlett-Packard, and Texas Instruments, policy deployment has created a critical bridge between corporate goals and their company-wide deployment. Hoshin Kanri offers top and middle managers a guide to customizing a policy deployment program especially suited to their company.
This book is a compilation of examples of policy deployment and demonstrates how company vision is converted into individual responsibility. It contains practical guidelines, 150 charts and diagrams, and five case studies that illustrate the procedures of Hoshin Kanri. The six steps to advanced process planning are reviewed and include: a five-year vision; one-year plan; deployment to departments; execution; monthly audit; and annual audit. The practice of Hoshin Kanri will enable you to:
- Align all departmental and individual project goals to corporate goals and eliminate duplication of effort.
- Communicate to every employee his or her role in achieving the company vision.
- Closely monitor performance using carefully devised measures of progress.
(Originally published by the Japanese Standards Association)
- TQM and Hoshin Kanri
- Promotion of Hoshin Kanri
- Control Items for Hoshin Kanri
- Hoshin Kanri and Daily Control, Cross-functional Management, and Work Plans
- Implementing of Hoshin Kanri: Case Studies
- Hoshin Kanri as a Part of TQM: A Roundtable Discussion
- Appendix: History of Hoshin Kanri
- Appendix: Chronology of Hoshin Kanri
- Appendix: Management Strategies