Chapman and Hall/CRC
272 pages | 231 B/W Illus.
Human Capital Systems, Analytics, and Data Mining provides human capital professionals, researchers, and students with a comprehensive and portable guide to human capital systems, analytics and data mining. The main purpose of this book is to provide a rich tool set of methods and tutorials for Human Capital Management Systems (HCMS) database modeling, analytics, interactive dashboards, and data mining that is independent of any human capital software vendor offerings and is equally usable and portable among both commercial and internally developed HCMS.
The book begins with an overview of HCMS, including coverage of human resource systems history and current HCMS Computing Environments. It next explores relational and dimensional database management concepts and principles. HCMS Instructional databases developed by the Author for use in Graduate Level HCMS and Compensation Courses are used for database modeling and dashboard design exercises.
Exciting knowledge discovery and research Tutorials and Exercises using Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data mining tools through replication of actual original pay equity research by the author are included. New findings concerning Gender Based Pay Equity Research through the lens Comparable Worth and Occupational Mobility are covered extensively in Human Capital Metrics, Analytics and Data Mining Chapters.
1. Human Capital Management Systems
2. Human Capital Management System Components
3. Database Systems, Concepts and Design
4. Dimensional Modeling
5. Reporting and Analytics with Multidimensional and Relational Databases
6. Online Analytical Processing and the OLAP Cube Multidimensional Database
7. Multidimensional OLAP Database Project with SQL Server Analytical Services
8. Multidimensional Cube Analysis with Microsoft Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
9. Data Mining
10. Project Management
11. Appendix A SQL Data Types
12. Appendix B SQL Database and Analysis Server Database Scripts
13. Appendix C Microsoft SQL Server Analytics Services Aggregation Options
14. Appendix D U. S. CDC Project Charter Template
15. Appendix E Sample HCMS Request for Information
16. Appendix F Human Capital Management System Request for Proposal (RFP)
17. Appendix G Sample HCMS Project Plan