ISO 9001:2015 In Brief
ISO 9001: 2015 In Brief provides an introduction to quality management systems for students, newcomers and busy executives, with a user friendly, simplified explanation of the history, the requirements and benefits of the new standard.
This short, easy-to-understand reference tool also helps organisations to quickly set up an ISO 9001:2015 compliant Quality Management System for themselves at minimal expense and without high consultancy fees.
Now in its fourth edition, ISO 9001:2015 In Brief consists of a number of chapters covering topics like:
- What is Quality? – An introduction to the requirements and benefits of quality, quality control and quality assurance
- What is a QMS? – The structure of a Quality Management System and associated responsibilities.
- Who produces Quality Standards? – An opportunity to see how interlinked the various Standards Bodies are today.
- What is ISO 9001:2015? - The background to this particular standard, how it has grown and developed over the years and what ‘Annex SL’ is all about.
- What other standards are based on ISO 9001:2015? – Details of other standards that replicate or are broadly based on ISO 9001:2015.
- What to do once your QMS is established – Process improvement tools, internal auditing and the road to ISO 9001:2015 certification.
This is supported by:
Annex A – A summary of the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 - including an overview of the content of the various clauses and sub clauses, the likely documentation required and how these would affect an organization. A cross-reference to the previous ISO 9001:2008 Clauses is also provided as well as a complete bibliography and glossary.
1. What is Quality? 2. What is a Quality Management System? 3. The History of Quality Standards 4. Who Produces Quality Standards? 5. A Brief Summary of ISO 9001:2015 6. What Other Standards are Based on ISO 9001:2015? 7. What to do Once Your QMS is Established
'This common sense guide gives the reader an understanding of the history of Quality Management Systems. Ray then breaks down the changes between ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 9001:2015 using easy to understand explanations and charts.' - D.M. Belair, CAO, Kawartha Controls
‘I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this book to any business or person wanting to understand ISO 9001:2015 processes and procedures. The book is an excellent reference tool and is to the point. The material’s very well explained, presented and is an enjoyable read. It delivers exactly what it says it will – It’s a short, easy-to-understand reference tool.’ - Szilvia Parkinson, Plantastic Rail LTD. UK