Imidic Polymers and Green Polymer Chemistry
New Technology and Developments in Process and Product
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 15, 2020
This book reviews the latest research, development, and future potential of polyimides and green polymer chemistry. It combines the major interdisciplinary research in this area. Polymers with imidic structure, known as polyimides, are widely investigated owing to their practical implications in numerous industrial sectors. The book explains why polyimides offer versatility unparalleled in comparison to most other classes of macromolecules. In addition, developments in green polymer chemistry in this area have been stimulated by health and environmental concerns, interest in sustainability, desire to decrease the dependence on petroleum, and opportunities to design and produce “green” products and processes. Major advances include new uses of green processing methodologies, and green polymeric products.
Imidic Polymers and Green Polymer Chemistry: New Technology and Developments in Process and Product is targeted to scientists, engineers, and students who are involved or interested in green polymer chemistry and imidic polymers. This book will serve as a valuable reference for those with an interest in synthesis of polyimides and the chemistry and physical chemistry of polyimide compounds.
Table of Contents
1. Aromatic-Alicyclic Polyimides: From Basic Aspects towards High Technologies
Camelia Hulubei, Elena Hamciuc, and Corneliu Hamciuc
2. Polyimides with Bulky Groups: Synthesis, Characterization, and Physical Properties
Barnali Dasgupta Ghosh et al.
3. The Thermal Cis–Trans Isomerization of Azopolyimides in the Solid State
4. From Insulating to Conducting Polyimides
Göknur Dönmez, Ayça Ergün, Merve Okutan, and Hüseyin Deligöz
5. Molecular Modeling of Imidic Polymers with Advanced Physico-Chemical Properties
Raluca Marinica Albu
6. Patterning Polyimide Films at Nanoscale Using Dynamic Plowing Lithography (DPL)
7. Polyimide Materials for Transistors and Biosensors Manufacturing
Raluca Marinica Albu and Razvan Florin Barzic
8. Natural Fibers; Modifications and Enhancements in Applications
Ananthu Prasad, Sabu Thomas, and Athira John
9. Polyethylene Wax: Uses, Characterization, and Identification
Senem Yetgin et al.
10. Supercapacitor: An Efficient Approach for Energy Storage
Shama Islam, Hana Khan, and M. Zulfequar
11. Green Perspectives of Imides Toward Polymeric Membranes
Deepak Poddar et al.
12. Dynamic Molecular Phenomena in Polyimides Investigated by Dynamic Mechanical Analysis
Mariana Cristea et al.
Andreea Irina Barzic, PhD, is a Researcher in the Department of Physical Chemistry of Polymers at “Petru Poni” Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry in Romania.
Neha Kanwar Rawat, PhD, is a recipient of prestigious DST Young Scientist Postdoctoral Fellowship and is presently a researcher in the Materials Science Division, CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore, India.
A. K. Haghi, PhD, is the author and editor of 165 books, as well as 1000 published papers in various journals and conference proceedings.