An Illustrated Outline
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after May 7, 2021
Immunology: An Illustrated Outline is both a guide to the essential principles of immunology and a concise dictionary of immunological terms. The book can be used to consolidate understanding in preparation for course exams and medical licensing exams, or as a refresher when immunology is encountered in related life sciences, such as microbiology, virology and zoology.
The book is organised into five sections that represent the major topics in basic and clinical immunology. The Sixth Edition has been comprehensively revised to highlight the latest understanding of the field, particularly in the areas of innate immune defences and antibody-based therapeutics.
- Concise explanations of immunological terms
- Full colour illustrations and micrographs to reinforce the text
- Each topic is set out in single- or double-page spreads
- Tables collate and summarise detailed information
Table of Contents
1. The Immune System 2. Immune Recognition 3. Immune Responses 4. Immunopathology 5. Immunological Techniques
David Male is Professor of Biology in the Faculty of Science at the Open University. He is the coauthor of Immunology, 7th edition (Elsevier), and Clinical Immunology (Elsevier). His research is focused on the mechanisms by which immune reactions and inflammation develop in the central nervous system and the way in which leukocyte migration into the brain is controlled. He teaches courses in infectious disease, molecular and cell biology, and neuroimmunology.