Immunology An Illustrated Outline
Immunology: An Illustrated Outline is both a guide to the essential principles of immunology and a concise dictionary of immunological terms. The book can be used to consolidate understanding in preparation for course exams and medical licensing exams, or as a refresher when immunology is encountered in related life sciences, such as microbiology, virology, and zoology.
The book is organized into five sections that represent the major topics in basic and clinical immunology. The Sixth Edition has been comprehensively revised to highlight the latest understanding of the field, particularly in the areas of innate immune defenses and antibody-based therapeutics.
- Concise explanations of immunological terms
- Full-color illustrations and micrographs to reinforce the text
- Each topic is set out in single- or double-page spreads
- Tables collate and summarize detailed information
1. The Immune System 2. Immune Recognition 3. Immune Responses 4. Immunopathology 5. Immunological Techniques