Due to advances in technology, particularly in artificial intelligence and robotics, the service sector is being reshaped, and AI may even be necessary for survival of the service industries. Innovations in digital technology lead to improving processes and, in many situations, are a solution to improving the efficiency and the quality of processes and services. This volume examines in depth how AI innovation is creating knowledge, improving efficiency, and elevating quality of life for millions of people and how it applies to the service industry. This volume addresses advances, issues, and challenges from several points of view from diverse service areas, including healthcare, mental health, finance, management, learning and education, and others. The authors demonstrate how service practices can incorporate the subareas of AI, such as machine learning, deep learning, blockchain, big data, neural networks, etc.
The diverse roster of chapter authors includes 48 scholars from different fields, (management, public policies, accounting, information technologies, engineering, medicine) along with executives and managers of private enterprises and public bodies in different sectors, from life sciences to healthcare. Several chapters also evaluate AI’s application in service industries during the COVID-19 era.
This book, Incorporating AI Technology in the Service Sector: Innovations in Creating Knowledge, Improving Efficiency, and Elevating Quality of Life, provides professionals, administrators, educators, researchers, and students with useful perspectives by introducing new approaches and innovations for identifying future strategies for service sector companies.
1. Digital Transformations: Artificial Intelligence in the Services Sector
Andreia De Bem Machado, Joao Rodrigues Dos Santos, Antonio Sacavem, and Maria Jose Sousa
2. Global Innovation Policies: Framework for Developing an Innovative Culture Based on Artificial Intelligence
3. Knowledge Representation of Innovations in Learning Processes and Educational Policies: Infusing Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain Powers
Ramesh Chander Sharma, Andreia De Bem Machado, Isabel Sofia Brito, Fernanda Maria Dos Santos Pereira, and Maria Jose Sousa
4. Life Sciences Industry Blockchain Value Management, Investments, and Finance Impact Assessment: Global Questionnaire Survey of 1,524 Industry Professionals and Executives
Antonio Pesqueira and Maria Jose Sousa
5. The Commercial Relationship Between Universities and SMEs within the Big Data Sector: A Review of the Literature
James Edward Grove and Francesca Dal Mas
6. Social Analytics and Artificial Intelligence in Tax Law
Luis Manuel Pica
7. Is the Intelligent Participatory Budget (i-PB) the Next Generation of Democracy and Governance?
Johnny Camello and Maria Jose Sousa
8. Artificial Intelligence and Healthcare Connection: A State-of-the-Art Discussion Among Academics and Practitioners
Secinaro Silvana, Calandra Davide, Marseglia Roberto, and Lanzalonga Federico
9. People Analytics and the COVID-19 Pandemic: How Empathy and Privacy Turned Out the Hot Topics
Antonio Pimenta De Brito
10. Paradigm Shift in Higher Education Model by Using Artificial Intelligence: Challenges and Future Perspectives in India and Oman
11. Machine Learning for Mental Health: Focus on Affective and Non-Affective Psychosis
Maria Ferrara, Giorgia Franchini, Melissa Funaro, Martino Belvederi Murri, Tommaso Toffanin, Luigi Zerbinati, Beatrice Valier, Dario Ambrosio, Federico Marconi, Marcello Cutroni, Marta Basaldella, Sebastiano Seno, and Luigi Grassi
12. Artificial Intelligence, Education, and Digital Economy in India
Mohd Nayyer Rahman, Badar Alam Iqbal, Nida Rahman, and Munir Hassan
13. Artificial Intelligence and Clinical Decision-Making in Emergency Surgery: A Research Protocol.
Lorenzo Cobianchi, Francesca Dal Mas, Fausto Catena, and Luca Ansaloni
14. Open Innovation in Healthcare During the COVID-19 Pandemic: The Case of 3d-Printed Venturi Valves
Luigi Faccincani, Davide Cirimbelli, Alessandro Cominelli, Francesca Dal Mas, Cristian Fracassi, and Andrea Pellegrini
15. Organizational Change towards Servitization: Guiding Manufacturing Firms Through the Digital Transformation Process
Carlo Bagnoli, Maurizio Massaro, and Matilde Messina
16. Business Planning and Artificial Intelligence: Opportunities and Challenges for Accounting Firms in a Human-Centered Perspective
Maurizio Massaro, Carlo Bagnoli, Andrea Albarelli, and Francesca Dal Mas
"A timely and genuine tour de force of the current uses of AI in different service sectors. With lively examples from all corners of our world, it is showing how AI, especially robotics, is reshaping the service sector. From economical systems to education to life sciences and healthcare, the book examines in depth how AI innovation is creating knowledge, improving efficiency, and elevating quality of life for millions of people. . . . A precious read for anyone who is interested in learning the different applications of AI in all domains of our society, and I wholeheartedly recommend it as a must-read for those who want to explore the fascinating and diverse world of AI and machine learning."
—From the Foreword by Haytham M. A. Kaafarani, MD, MPH, FACS, Associate Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, USA"