- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 20, 2020
This book provides an in-depth analysis of industrial consultancy on a variety of issues and aspects including operations and services.
- Looks at both individual-level consultancy and consultancy for firms, companies, or institutions.
- Uses observations, examples and case studies to bring together key themes: consulting approach; production operations vs. services consulting; location and facilities criteria; human-machine interaction; lead time objective; outsourcing decision and management; infrastructure influence along with consultancy objectives, strategic considerations and conflict resolution.
- Presents a comprehensive understanding of industrial consultancy and services offered to a wide range of industries, across type, size and scale, including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, fabrication, and transformer industries among others.
First of its kind, this book will be a useful resource for industry and management professionals as well as scholars and researchers of business management, business economics, operations, entrepreneurship and organizational behavior, and engineering.
Table of Contents
2. Location and facilities criteria
3. Productivity consideration
4. Lead time objective
5. Outsourcing consideration
6. Consultancy vision
Sanjay Sharma is Professor at National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai, India. He is an industrial engineering and operations management educator and researcher with over three-decade experience in industrial, managerial, teaching/training, consultancy and research. A recipient of many awards and honours, he has published five books and papers in journals including the European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Computers & Operations Research, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Journal of the Operational Research Society, and Computers and Industrial Engineering. He is also a reviewer for several international journals and is on the editorial board of some journals including the International Journal of Logistics Management.