Industrial Internet of Things
Technologies, Design, and Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 26, 2022
Artificial Intelligence-Aided Materials Design: AI-Algorithms and Case Studies on Alloys and Metallurgical Processes describes the application of artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) concepts to develop predictive models that can be used to design alloy materials, including magnetic alloys, nickel-base superalloys, titanium-base alloys, and aluminum-base alloys. Readers new to AI/ML algorithms can use this book as a starting point and use the included MATLAB and Python implementation of AI/ML algorithms through included case studies. Experienced AI/ML researchers who want to try new algorithms can use this book and study the case studies for reference.
- Offers advantages and limitations of several AI concepts and their proper implementation in various data types generated through experiments and computer simulations and from industries in different file formats
- Helps readers develop predictive models through AI/ML algorithms by writing their own computer code or using resources where they do not have to write code
- Provides downloadable resources such as MATLAB GUI/APP and Python implementation that can be used on common mobile devices
- Discusses the CALPHAD approach and ways to use data generated from it
- Features a chapter on metallurgical/materials concepts to help readers understand the case studies and thus proper implementation of AI/ML algorithms under the framework of data-driven materials science
This book is written for materials scientists and metallurgists interested in the application of AI, ML, and data science in the development of new materials.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) – Towards the future Internet 2 Challenges in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) 3. IoT based automated healthcare system. 4. Internet of Things (IoT) based Industrial Monitoring System 5. Internetworking of vehicles and relevant issues in IoT enviornment 6. Adoption of Industry 4.0 in Lean Manufacturing 7. Internet of Things Based Economical Smart Home Automation System 8. Machine Vision Technology, Deep Learning and IoT in Agricultural Industry 9. IIoT edge network and Spectrum Scarcity Issue 10. Review on Optical Character Recognition Based Applications of Industrial IoT 11. Using Blockchain in Resolving the Challenges Faced by IIoT 12. Internet of Things Based Arduino Controlled On-Load Tap Changer Distribution Transformer
Dr. Sudan Jha received his Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, in 2015 from India and M.S. in Computer Science in 2006 from Nepal. His major field of study is “cell throughput and carrier enhancement in IPv6”. His research interest also includes Internet of things, Artificial Intelligence, Networks. He is a senior member of IEEE in 2018 and holds brand Ambassador of Bentham Science Series. Currently, he is a Professor in the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Lovely Professional University, Punjab, India. He has published research articles in SCI/SCIE/ESCI along with 3 books. Dr. Usman Tariq is an associate professor with the College of Computer Engineering and Sciences at PSAU. He holds a Ph.D. from the Ajou University, South Korea and led the design of a global data infrastructure simulator modeling, to evaluate the impact of competing architectures on the performance, availability, and reliability of the system for Industrial IoT infrastructure. Currently he is interested in applied cyber security, advanced topics in Internet of Things, and health informatics. His research focus is on the theory of large complex networks, which includes network algorithms, stochastic networks, network information theory, and large-scale statistical inference. Dr. Gyanendra Prasad Joshi is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Sejong University, South Korea. He worked at Case School of Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH from March 2018 to February 2019. He received KRF scholarship and ITSP scholarships from Korean government for his MS and PhD studies. He has served on the review process of several international journals including Elsevier’s JNCA, Springer’s Wireless Networks, Wiley’s ETT, KSII’s TIIS, EURASIP JWCN, IEEE Communications Letters, China Communication, IET Communications, AIoT Journal, among others. He has successfully organized many conferences including ICTMHC-2016, ICACCI-2015-2020, and ICIDB-2015-2019. He has more than 50 research articles published in books, international journals, and international conferences as a first author. His main research interests include UAV localization, MAC and routing protocols for next generation wireless networks, wireless sensor networks, cognitive radio networks, RFID system, IoT, smart city, deep learning and digital convergence. Dr. Vijender Kumar Solanki (Ph.D.) is an Associate Professor in Computer Science & Engineering, CMR Institute of Technology (Autonomous), Hyderabad, TS, India. He has more than 10 years of academic experience in network security, IoT, Big Data, Smart City and IT. He has attended an orientation program at UGC-Academic Staff College, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala & Refresher course at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad, UP, India. He has authored or co-authored more than 50 research articles that are published in various journals, books and conference proceedings. He has edited or co-edited 14 books and Conference Proceedings in the area of soft computing. He is the Book Series Editor of Internet of Everything (IoE) : Security and Privacy Paradigm, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, USA ; Artificial Intelligence (AI): Elementary to Advanced Practices Series, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, USA ; IT, Management & Operations Research Practices, , CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, USA ; Bio-Medical Engineering: Techniques and Applications with Apple Academic Press, USA and Computational Intelligence and Management Science Paradigm, (Focus Series) CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, USA . He is Editor-in-Chief in International Journal of Machine Learning and Networked Collaborative Engineering (IJMLNCE); International Journal of Hyperconnectivity and the Internet of Things (IJHIoT), IGI-Global, USA, Co-Editor Ingenieria Solidaria Journa, Associate Editor in International Journal of Information Retrieval Research (IJIRR), IGI-Global, USA, He has been guest editor with IGI-Global, USA, InderScience & other publishers.