As the number of Internet of Things (IoT) elements grows exponentially, their interactions can generate a massive amount of raw and multi-structured data. The challenge with this data explosion is to transform any raw data into information and knowledge, which can be used by people and systems to make intelligent decisions. Industrial IoT Application Architectures and Use Cases explores how artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, and IoT technology combine to promote intelligent decision-making and automation in a range of industries.
With faster, more stable AI algorithms and approaches, knowledge discovery and dissemination from IoT-device data can be simplified and streamlined. An era of powerful cognitive technology is beginning due to cloud-based cognitive systems that are forming the foundation of game-changing intelligent applications. This book presents next-generation use cases of IoT and IoT data analytics for a variety of industrial verticals as given below:
- An Intelligent IoT framework for smart water management
- An IoT-enabled smart traffic control system for congestion control and smart traffic management
- An intelligent airport system for airport management and security surveillance
- An IoT framework for healthcare to integrate and report patient information
- Fuzzy scheduling with IoT for tracking and monitoring hotel assets
- An IoT system for designing drainage systems and monitoring drainage pipes
- Predictive maintenance of plant equipment to decide the actual mean time to malfunction
- Integrated neural networks and IoT systems for predictive equipment maintenance
- IoT integration in blockchain for smart waste management
This book also includes a chapter on the IoT paradigm and an overview of uses cases for personal, social, and industrial applications.
Preface. Acknowledgments. About the Authors. Chapter 1 The Internet of Things (IoT) Paradigm: The Use Cases. Chapter 2 An Intelligent IoT Framework for Smart Water Management in Agriculture. Chapter 3 IoT-Enabled Smart Traffic Control System for Congestion Control. Chapter 4 An Intelligent Airport System Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) Algorithm. Chapter 5 An Effective IoT Framework for the Healthcare Environment. Chapter 6 Fuzzy Scheduling with IoT for Tracking and Monitoring Hotel Assets. Chapter 7 An Effective IoT Drainage System for Detection of Drainage Pipes. Chapter 8 Predictive Maintenance in IoT for Retail Machine Industries. Chapter 9 Integrating ANN and IoT for Predictive Maintenance in Industries. Chapter 10 IoT Integration in Blockchain for Smart Waste Management. References. Index.