Industrial Safety and Health for Goods and Materials Services focuses on the safety requirements of the wholesale and retail trades, including warehousing. This detailed text describes the hazards associated with chemicals, compressed gases, and fire. In addition to discussing the ergonomics behind hand tools, ladders, machine guarding, material handling, and industrial trucks, the book:
- Addresses interventions and preventive approaches to help ensure a safe workplace
- Uses real-world examples and relevant illustrations
- Provides guidance on removal, delimiting, and mitigation of safety and health hazards
- Includes safety checklists and other tools for immediate use
- Identifies energy source exposures, potential hazards, and applicable regulations
This resource provides a comprehensive review of applicable safety standards that impact these industries, and addresses how to work with OSHA to comply with its regulations. This text is a valuable reference for promoting safety in the workplace, and every manager in these fields would benefit from a copy.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction to the Service Industry , Chapter 2 Wholesale Trade , Chapter 3 Retail Trade, Chapter 4 Warehousing , Chapter 5 OSHA and Its Regulations, Chapter 6 Safety and Health Management, Chapter 7 Safety Hazards, Chapter 8 Health Hazards, Chapter 9 Chemical Hazards, Chapter 10 Compressed Gases, Chapter 11 Controls and PPE, Chapter 12 Emergencies, Chapter 13 Ergonomics, Chapter 14 Fire Hazards Guidelines, Chapter 15 Hand Tools, Chapter 16 Ladder Safety, Chapter 17 Lifting, Chapter 18 Machine Safety, Chapter 19 Material Handling , Chapter 20 Powered Industrial Trucks (aka Forklifts), Chapter 21 Workplace Security and Violence, Chapter 22 Slips and Trips. Chapter 23 Other Hazards, Chapter 24 Summary.
Reese\, Charles D.