Industry 4.0 is a challenge for today's businesses. It's a concept that encompasses the technological innovations of automation, control, and information technology, as it's applied to manufacturing processes. It's a new topic that recently emerged in academia and industry, with few books that target both management and engineering. This book will cover the new advances and the way to manage competitive organizations. The chapters will include terms of theory, evidence and/or methodology, and significantly advance social scientific research.
This book is designed to increase the knowledge and effectiveness of all managers and engineers in all organizations and activity sectors.
1. Emerging Technologies and Supply Chain Management - Maneuvering in current Areas of Tensions
Erik Hofmann, Stefan Selensky and Nocolai Kirstätter
2. Industry 4.0 creating a buzz in western hemisphere: But watch out for China pulling into the fast lane
3. Smart manufacturing based on digital twin technologies
Shohin Aheleroff, Jan Polzer, Huiyue Huang, Zexuan Zhu, David Tomzik, Yuqian Lu, Yuan Lin and Xun Xu
4. Industry 4.0 in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises - A literature review on research clusters
5. The role of Industry 4.0 on the association between Customers’ and Suppliers’ involvement and performance improvement
Guilherme Luz Tortorella, Alejandro Mac Cawley Vergara, Rogério Miorando and Rapinder Sawhney
6. Fundamental changes in the organisational processes: Industry 4.0 case study
V. Roblek, I. Erenda and M. Mesko
7. Maturity level assessment for industry 4.0 integration into lean manufacturing
Marcos Malinverni Pagliosa, Guilherme Luz Tortorella and João Carlos Espíndola Ferreira
8. Human Resource Management in industry 4.0 – A brief trip through literature
João Pedro Freitas and Carolina Feliciana Machado