Explore the vital links between technology and lifelong learning!
Get the real-life perspective of professionals at the intersection of old ways and new technology in this book written by and for librarians. Information Literacy Programs: Successes and Challenges provides you with the different viewpoints of librarians who have taken varying paths in their information literacy programs. You’ll learn about the roles of Web-based collaboration, teamwork with academic and administrative colleagues, evidence-based librarianship, and active learning strategies in library instruction programs. Information Literacy Programs can help you refresh your own teaching while opening your eyes to the many possible approaches to information literacy.
Helpful features you’ll find in Information Literacy Programs include:
- tips on connecting with technology-savvy “Generation Y”
- principles for multi-campus collaboration
- guidelines for setting up a successful retreat for teaching librarians
- information about the benefits of interdisciplinary partnerships
- comprehensive bibliographies
- methods for assessing your current information literacy programs
- discussion of immersion programs for professional development