Catch up with the many innovations now affecting sci/tech libraries!
The twenty-four chapters in Innovations in Science and Technology Libraries discuss the creation of digital collections, e-repositories, personalized Web environments, and discipline-specific Web sites for students and researchers. The book also explores the use of new technologies to improve document delivery and service provision as well as demonstrations of leadership by science librarians who are willing to take risks, adapt to change, control costs, and collaborate with colleagues.
Here is just a fraction of the fascinating cases and important concepts highlighted in Innovations in Science and Technology Libraries:
- the Drexel University Library’s transition from print to an electronic-only journal collection
- the benefits of adopting a just-in-time (purchase on demand) rather than a just-in-case acquisitions policy
- IntelliDochow it has raised the standard for document delivery worldwide and increased international recognition of CISTI
- how California State University, Sacramento, merged its science library into its central reference departmentan examination of the two-year merging process
- the creation of branch libraries focused on electronic informationan engineering library at Kansas State University and an agriculture library at the University of Manitoba
- the impact of electronic information upon undergraduate science education
- literacy competencies in the sciencesand their implications for library instruction
- how the MIT libraries created and developed the Reference Vision system that now guides all of their new reference services
- the impact of learning communities upon library services
- recent additions that enhance the usefulness of the IEEE Xplore online delivery system
Innovations in Science and Technology Libraries will bring you up-to-date on the latest developments, sharpen your awareness of new concepts and techniques in sci/tech librarianship, and help your library stay abreast of important changes in this ever-evolving field. Make it a part of your professional reference collection today!