Smart Cities and intelligence are among the most significant topics in IoT. Intelligence in communication and infrastructure implementation is at the heart of this concept, and its development is a key issue in smart cities. This book addresses the challenges in realizing intelligence in smart cities and sensing platforms in the era of cloud computing and IoT, varying from cost and energy efficiency to availability and service quality. It focuses on both the design and implementation aspects of artificial intelligence approaches in smart cities and sensing applications that are enabled and supported by IoT paradigms, and mainly on data delivery approaches and their performability aspects.
Table of Contents
- Energy Consumption Monitoring in IoT-based Smart Cities
- Smart Homes in the Crowd of IoT-based Cities
- Smart-Grid and Solar Energy Harvesting in IoT-based Cities
- Smart meters for smart cities’ grid
- Intelligent Parking Solutions in the IoT-based Smart Cities
- Intelligent Medium Access Control for Dynamic Speed Limits in the Smart-cities’ Framework
- Intelligent UAVs for Multimedia Delivery in Smart-cities Applications
- Intelligent IoT for Plant Phenotyping in Smart-cities’ Agriculture
- Smart Positioning Approach for Precision Agriculture (PA) in Smart-cities Applications
- Security in VANET-based Smart-cities
Dr. Fadi Al-Turjman is a full Professor at Antalya Bilim University, Turkey. He received his Ph.D. degree in computing science from Queen’s University, Canada, in 2011. He is a leading authority in the areas of smart/cognitive, wireless and mobile networks’ architectures, protocols, deployments, and performance evaluation. His record spans more than 150 publications in journals, conferences, patents, books, and book chapters, in addition to numerous keynotes and plenary talks at flagship venues. He has received several recognitions and best papers’ awards at top international conferences, and led a number of international symposia and workshops in flagship ComSoc conferences. He is serving as the Lead Guest Editor in several journals including the IET Wireless Sensor Systems (WSS), MDPI Sensors and Wiley. He is also the publication chair for the IEEE International Conf. on Local Computer Networks (LCN’18). He is the sole author for 3 recently published books about cognition and wireless sensor networks’ deployments in smart environments with Taylor and Francis, CRC New York (a top tier publisher in the area).