This is a benchmark book which encourages interior designers to raise their professional status and offers their clients an insight into the complex profession of modern interior design. It demystifies what an interior designer does, and showcases the range of skills that interior designers can bring to a project to help achieve a successful outcome. The book attempts to explain the broad scope of the interior design profession, including:
• the wide range of projects and specialisms
• the people, roles and relationships
• the skills and knowledge that designers need
• the benefits of using a designer
• the importance of a good client-designer relationship.
Case Studies illustrate key points, pinpointing important project types and showcasing designers working in specialist fields and include comments from clients and end-users.
Table of Contents
1. The Profession 2. The Designer's Toolkit 3. The Benefits of Interior Design 4. The Client-Designer Relationship
Jenny Grove has over 25 years' of experience within the design profession and teaching interior design. She is involved in designing, writing and developing interior design and professional practice courses, and has published research into the status of interior design and global perspectives on the profession.