An effective system of corporate governance has both internal and external aspects that have to be sufficiently responsive if governance is to succeed. In this book, Ahmed Naciri examines these two core aspects or the latest buzzword in business and management theory.
Internal aspects include ownership structure, the board of directors and committees, internal control, risk management, transparency and financial reporting. External aspects can either be market-oriented, or can take the form of credit ranking, and/or social requirements. Due to the original orientation of the Sarbanes/Oxley Law, concentrating solely on financial disclosure and given its decisive and tremendous influence on all other similar corporate governance legislations all over the world, most writings on corporate governance have dealt with solely internal corporate governance mechanisms. This book aim is to fill up the gap by using a systemic approach and giving a global picture of the corporate governance theoretical foundations, mainly by putting the emphasis on its double dimension: internal and external.
Table of Contents
List of Appendices
List of Figures
1. Corporate Governance and Corporate Strategy
2. Corporate Governance: The Voluntary and the Legal Frameworks
3. The Board of Directors and Corporate Governance
4. The Standing Committees of the Board of Directors and Corporate Governance
5. Internal Control and Corporate Governance
6. Risk Management in Corporate Governance
7. International Financial Reporting and Corporate Governance
8. Financial Auditing and Corporate Governance
9. Credit Rating Activities and Corporate Governance
10. Financial Markets and Corporate Governance
11. Corporate Governance in Less Developed Economies
12. Corporate Governance Requirement of Trust
13. Corporate Governance the Road Ahead
Ahmed Naciri is currently professor of Finance and Accounting at UQAM School of Business and Chairman of the Montreal International Center for Governance. He is internationally known for his work on Governance, quality of financial information and financial disclosure. His research papers are published in many first class international journals, like the Journal of Futures Market, the Advances in International Accounting, and the International Journal of Accounting, He is Prize-recipient of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada.