International Environmental Risk Management A Systems Approach
Based on the first edition with extensive analysis of practical applications of environmental risk management and compliance management systems, this second edition of International Environmental Risk Management reflects updates made in the understanding and application of risk management best practices and makes available a frame of reference and systematic approach to environmental and social governance (ESG). It provides a pathway for readers to implement environmental management strategies that can be integrated with core operations and other risk management efforts, including supporting sustainability and corporate social responsibility initiatives associated with climate change, the circular economy or supply chain conditions, as well as enterprise risk management; anti-bribery, and other compliance management systems. This book provides in-depth discussions of ways to use global environmental management standards.
New features in this edition:
- Combines EMS standards with discussion of specific principles, other authors’ research, and guidelines on management practices.
- Provides guidelines on how to prepare for, anticipate, and resolve environmental issues.
- Includes easily understandable information for all readers and is not simply aimed toward individuals who are knowledgeable about this topic.
- Provides in-depth discussions on using global environmental management standards to manage risk and promote resilience, as well as legal strategies and voluntary initiatives that companies can utilize to minimize risk.
- Accounts for the substantive revisions in ISO 14001:2015.
As a growing and rapidly changing field, it is necessary to address new issues, guidelines, and regulations to assist businesses, academia, students, consultants, lawyers, and environmental managers with a pragmatic resolution to environmental risk management issues. This second edition gives a broad and detailed analysis of the changes made to international standards and practices and serves as an excellent guide to managing environmental risk.
Preface. Environmental Management Systems: A Tool for Success.
Chapter 1. Environmental Risk Management – An Overview.
Chapter 2. A Systematic Approach to Managing Environmental Risk.
Chapter 3. Preventing and Mitigating Environmental Liabilities with Environmental Management Systems.
Chapter 4. Strategic Information for Risk Management Systems.
Chapter 5. Voluntary Programs and Industry-Led Initiatives to Reduce Environmental Risk.
Chapter 6. Environmental Risk Management Systems: An Introduction.
Chapter 7. Compliance and Ethics Programs.
Chapter 8. Environmental Risk Management Sytems.
Chapter 9. Practical Methods to Solve Environmental Problems and to Reduce Risks.
Chapter 10. Practical Methods to Reduce Litigation Costs.
Chapter 11. How Voluntary Programs and Other Initiatives Can Improve Performance and Lead to Reductions in Environmental Risk.
Chapter 12. How Document Control Systems Can Reduce Risks.
Chapter 13. Conclusion.