International Hospitality Management: concepts and cases brings together the latest developments in global hospitality operations with contemporary management principles. It develops a critical view of the management practices and the traditional theories, analysing how appropriate they are to the hospitality and tourism industries in a multicultural context.
International Hospitality Management is designed to instil a greater awareness of the cultural factors influencing the strategies and performances of hospitality organization. This approach focuses on a critical analysis of the relevance and application of general management theory and practice to the hospitality industry.
Consisting of eleven chapters to meet with the average semester duration, each deals with a major topic of international management, with thoroughly developed with consistent learning features throughout, including:
- Specified learning outcomes for each chapter
- International case studies including major world events and issues such as the riots in Paris, fast food lawsuits, tipping, corporate social responsibility as well as studies of international corporations such as Marriott, Hilton, Intercontinental, McDonalds, Starbucks, Disney and many more
- Study questions and discussion questions to consolidate learning and understanding
- Links to relevant websites and consolidated list of further reading at the back of the book
- Online resources available for lecturers and students including downloadable figures from the book, PowerPoint slides, further cases and extra exercises and points for discussion. Visit the site at http://cw.routledge.com/textbooks/9780750666756/
Table of Contents
1. Welcome: An Introduction to International Hospitality Management 2. Cultures and the Challenges of International Hospitality Management 3. The International Hospitality Industry 4.Exploring the International Environment 5. International Marketing 6. International Hospitality Market Entry 7. Strategic Planning and International Hospitality Enterprises 8. International Human Resources Management: Managing Diversity 9. Entrepreneurship and SMEs in the Global Market 10. Managing Social Responsibility in International Hospitality 11. The Analysis of International Hospitality Management
Lecturers can use this page to gain access to the free supplementary resources.
If you do not have a password yet, please complete the simple form and we will be in touch.
Please note: This website's content has been acquired from Elsevier by Taylor & Francis. If your username and/or password no longer works, please re-register and we will supply you with a new one.