This book comprises technical papers that were presented at the International Mining Forum 2004. This event aims to bring together scientists and engineers in mining, rock mechanics, and computer engineering, with a view to explore and discuss international developments in the field. The book is addressed to researchers and professionals who work in the fields of underground mining technology, rock engineering and management of mines.
Topics discussed in this book are:
- Trends in the mining industry
- New solutions and tendencies in underground mines
- Rock engineering problems in undeground mines
- Utilization and exploitation of methane
- Prevention measures for the control of rock bursts in Polish mines
- Current problems in Ukrainian coal mines.