International Sport Business: Current Issues, Future Directions offers a contemporary and forward-looking survey of the global sport industry, introducing the key themes, trends and critical issues that will impact decision-making and strategy in sport business in the coming decade and beyond.
Against a background of globalisation, disruption and social change, the book explores key influences on the development and commercialisation of the sport industry. It examines themes such as governance, the social role of sport, value chains and innovation, the increasing importance of data, digital technology and leadership. Every chapter includes cutting-edge case studies, commentaries, examples of best practice and interviews with leading sport business professionals, encouraging the reader to reflect on the factors that determine success in international sport business. The book also looks ahead, imagining potential scenarios for the future of sport.
Thought-provoking, underpinned by research evidence and intended to generate debate and discussion, this is the perfect foundation text for any international sport business course, and an essential guide to the future for sport business practitioners and policy-makers.
An accompanying eResource provides reflective questions for each chapter.
1. International Sport Business: Big Business
2. Global Sport Business
3. The Social Impact of Sport Business: Sport for Good
4. Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Sport Business
5. Technology, Data and Value Creation in Sport
6. Consumption of Sport: The Sport Product and the Buyers of Sport
7. Distribution of Sport and the Media Ecosystem
8. Governance and Leadership in Sport Business
9. The Future of International Sport Business