The concept of Internet of Things has silently existed since the late nineteenth century but in the current decade expectations and excitement has peaked. However not many have understood the profound change that it can usher in.
How big this change can be and how it can transform our working!!
This book aims to bring in this realization with illustrative and practical case studies with comprehensive concepts. From beginners to practitioners in the field of academics or industry, it serves as a comprehensive yet easy to comprehend source of information on the multiple facets of IoT.
- Simplistic but comprehensive introduction of the facets of primarily the industrial IoT
- Practical adoption cases explaining the Core technology stack and business applications
- Comprehensive view of current technologies which complete the IoT delivery ecosystem, followed by overview of IoT enabled new business models.
- Realistic view of how industrial firms can evolve into the next stage of maturity along with determinants influencing this transformation since manufacturing is envisioned to be a key segment to adopt and benefit from IoT.
- Detailed analysis of IoT benefits for the universal triad- energy management, logistics optimization and distribution channel management.
- A full-fledged case study on Adoption of Green manufacturing using IoT.
- Real world example of gauging End User perception using different models which is important for a successful adoption of IoT.
- A futuristic visionary view of IoT as comprehended based on evolution of technology and platforms, and finally analysis of the extremely crucial concepts of security, privacy and governance.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to IoT. 2. Internet of Things Applications. 3. Current Technolgies. 4. Business Models in IoT. 5. Manufacturing Automation. 6. Monitoring Energy Consumption. 7. Logistics Optimization. 8. Distribution Channel Management. 9. Green Manufacturing. 10. Industry and IoT Awareness. 11. Future and Internet of Things. 12. IoT Security and Privacy.
Ravi Ramakrishnan is an MBA from Faculty of Management Studies Delhi University and has further done a Post Graduate Diploma from AIMA in IT systems ,DOEACC A level certified and a Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management from IGNOU after a Bachelors in Science. He is a Prince 2 certified professional, Microsoft Certified Professional and a Oracle Certified professional and has 20+ years of global experience and is an award winning Global CIO with a strong technical and managerial background and has done numerous global rollouts of Enterprise Information Systems –ERP/CRM/BI and M2M/Mobility and IoT solutions which have been widely acknowledged and awarded in different forums. He is currently pursuing his Doctorate in Information Technology Management with focus on IoT strategies and technologies and has published papers on IoT in Springer and IEEEXplore and book chapter on IoT in IGI Global. He is a Senior IEEE member and has implemented projects in US/Europe/Asia/Africa/Middle East across multiple cultures , industry domain verticals and technologies. His global awards include Computerworld Global 100 CIO honoree (Florida), IDG – CIO 100 India Award winner consecutively 2011,2013,2014,2015 , IDC – CIO 100 award winner 2014,2015 , Dataquest CIO award winner in Mobility and IoT categories ,Chief Information Security award winner CISO 2013,2014 , Oracle Best Implementation award winner 2016 , Innovative CIO award winner 2015,2016 , C-Change Awards CIOL 2015 ,Business World CIO 3.0 award winner 2016 , Information Week CIO and Business Impact Leader award 2015 and Information Week Edge Award 2014.
Dr. Loveleen Gaur is Professor in Amity International Business School. She is a PhD and M.Phil in Computer Applications and has done her M.C.A. She has more than 15 years of experience teaching, consulting, research and mentoring activities. She has honoured with Senior Women Educator &amp; Scholar Award by National Foundation for Entrepreneurship Development on Women’s Day , “Sri Ram Award” by Delhi Management Association (DMA) and Distinguished Research Award: Allied Academies presented this award in Jacksonville, Florida and outstanding research contributor award by Amity International Business School. She has written numerous books with renowned publishers and has presented many research papers in international and national conferences. She is also serving as paper reviewer for many National and International Journals.