The concept of Internet of Things has silently existed since the late nineteenth century but in the current decade expectations and excitement has peaked. However not many have understood the profound change that it can usher in.
How big this change can be and how it can transform our working!!
This book aims to bring in this realization with illustrative and practical case studies with comprehensive concepts. From beginners to practitioners in the field of academics or industry, it serves as a comprehensive yet easy to comprehend source of information on the multiple facets of IoT.
- Simplistic but comprehensive introduction of the facets of primarily the industrial IoT
- Practical adoption cases explaining the Core technology stack and business applications
- Comprehensive view of current technologies which complete the IoT delivery ecosystem, followed by overview of IoT enabled new business models.
- Realistic view of how industrial firms can evolve into the next stage of maturity along with determinants influencing this transformation since manufacturing is envisioned to be a key segment to adopt and benefit from IoT.
- Detailed analysis of IoT benefits for the universal triad- energy management, logistics optimization and distribution channel management.
- A full-fledged case study on Adoption of Green manufacturing using IoT.
- Real world example of gauging End User perception using different models which is important for a successful adoption of IoT.
- A futuristic visionary view of IoT as comprehended based on evolution of technology and platforms, and finally analysis of the extremely crucial concepts of security, privacy and governance.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to IoT. 2. Internet of Things Applications. 3. Current Technolgies. 4. Business Models in IoT. 5. Manufacturing Automation. 6. Monitoring Energy Consumption. 7. Logistics Optimization. 8. Distribution Channel Management. 9. Green Manufacturing. 10. Industry and IoT Awareness. 11. Future and Internet of Things. 12. IoT Security and Privacy.
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management Science
- COMPUTERS / Information Technology
- MATHEMATICS / General