Internet of things (IoT) is the connection and communication of physical objects (smart devices) over the internet. In this recent age, people’s daily lives are dependent on the internet through their smartphones, tablets, Smart TVs, micro-controllers, Smart Tags, computers, laptops, and cars to name a few. This book discusses different ways to create a better IoT network and/or IoT platforms to improve the efficiency and quality of these products and subsequently their users' lives. In addition, this book provides future research directions in energy, industry, and healthcare, and explores the different applications of IoT and its associated technologies. It provides an overview and explanation of the software architecture, middleware, data processing and data management as well as security, sensors, actuators and algorithms used to create a working IoT platform. The editors then go on to examine IoT networks and platforms as they relate to energy industry including, energy efficiency and management, intelligent energy management, smart energy through blockchain and energy-efficient/aware routing/scheduling challenges and issues. They then explore IoT as it applies to healthcare including biomedical image and signal analysis and disease prediction and diagnosis. Finally the editors examine the prospects and applications of IoT for industry through the concepts of smart industry, including architecture, blockchain, and Industry 4.0. This book is intended for senior undergraduate and graduate students, researchers and industry professionals working on IoT applications and infrastructure.
- Reviews IoT software architecture and middleware, data processing and management, security, privacy and reliability, architectures, protocols, technologies, algorithms, and smart objects, sensors, and actuators
- Explores IoT as it applies to energy, including energy efficiency and management, intelligent energy management, smart energy through blockchain and energy-efficient/aware routing/scheduling challenges and issues Examines IoT as it applies to healthcare including biomedical image and signal analysis, and disease prediction and diagnosis
- Examines IoT as it applies to smart industry including architecture, blockchain, and Industry 4.0
- Discusses different ways to create a better IoT network or IoT platform
Table of Contents
1. VANET based Intelligent Traffic Light Control System by Detecting Congestion using Fuzzy C-means Clustering Technique in a Smart City.
Anita Mohanty, Subrat Kumar Mohanty, Bhagyalaxmi Jena
2. Internet of Things advancements in Healthcare.
Keshav Kaushik, Susheela Dahiya, Rewa Sharma
3. IoT Based Artificial Intelligence System in Object detection
Vishal Gupta, Monish Gupta
4. A value parity combination based scheme for heartbeat sounds protection
Euschi Salah, Khaldi Amine, Kafi Redouane, Kahlessenane Fares
5. Sentiment Analysis of Product Reviews Using IoT
Ankur Ratmele and Ramesh Thakur
6. Saccadic scan path predicting using convolutional auto encoders
Souvik Das, Shafee Anwar, J Maiti
7. Impact of IIOT in Future Industries: Opportunities and Challenges
G. Boopathi Raja
8. Privacy and Ethical Issues in Digitalization World
9. A Review on Smart Traffic Management System
Tarun Jaiswal, Manju Pandey, Priyanka Tripahi
10. A Robust Context and Role Based Dynamic Access Control for Distributed Healthcare Information Systems
Abdulkadir Abdulkadir Adamu, Ayodeji Olalekan Salau, Li Zhiyong
11. Impact of ICT on Handicrafts marketing in Delhi NCR Region
12. Intelligent amalgamation of Blockchain technology with Industry 4.0 to improve security
Sumit Kumar Rana, Sanjeev Kumar Rana
13. Sensor Networks and Internet of Things in Agri-food
Moses Oluwafemi Onibonoje
14. Design and Development of Hybrid Algorithms to Improve Cyber Security and Provide Securing Data using Image Steganography with Internet of Things
Abhishek Mehta, Trupti Rathod
15. Optimal Automatic Power Generation Using Modified Hybrid Soft Computing Techniques
Cheshta Jain Khare, Vikas Khare, H.K. Verma
16. Steganography and Steganalysis using Machine Learning
Sachin Dhawan, Rashmi Gupta, Arun Kumar Rana
17. Gender Detection Based on Machine Learning using Convolutional Neural Networks
A. Jaya Lakshmi, K. Aishwarya, R. Shashank Dinakar, A. Mallaiah
18. Smart Technologies and Social Impact: An Indian Perspective of Contactless Technologies for Pandemic
Rashmi Bhardwaj, Varsha Duhoon and Mohammad Ayoub Khan
19. Agriculture-Internet of Things (A-IoT) Key Roles in Addressing Some Challenges in Agriculture.
Ibrahim Muhammad Abdul
Dr. Ayodeji Olalekan Salau works at Afe Babalola University in the Department of Electrical/Electronics and Computer Engineering.
Prof. Arun Kumar Rana is an Assistant Professor at PIET College Samalkha.
Dr. Sharad Sharma has a vast experience of more than 20 years of teaching and administrative work.
Dr. Shubham Tayal is an Assistant Professor at SR University, Warangal, India.
Prof. Swati Gupta works at Panipat Institute of Engineering & Technology.