The term IoT, which was first proposed by Kevin Ashton, a British technologist, in 1999 has the potential to impact everything from new product opportunities to shop floor optimization to factory worker efficiency gains, that will power top-line and bottom-line gains. As IoT technology is being put to diversified use, the current technology needs to be improved to enhance privacy and built secure devices by adopting a security-focused approach, reducing the amount of data collected, increasing transparency and providing consumers with a choice to opt out. Therefore, the current volume has been compiled, in an effort to draw the various issues in IoT, challenges faced and existing solutions so far.
• Provides an overview of basic concepts and technologies of IoT with communication technologies ranging from 4G to 5G and its architecture.
• Discusses recent security and privacy studies and social behavior of human beings over IoT.
• Covers the issues related to sensors, business model, principles, paradigms, green IoT and solutions to handle relevant challenges.
• Presents the readers with practical ideas of using IoT, how it deals with human dynamics, the ecosystem, the social objects and their relation.
• Deals with the challenges involved in surpassing diversified architecture, protocol, communications, integrity and security.
Table of Contents
1. IoT enabled vision system for Tint level detection. 2. Supervised and Semi-Supervised Identification of Users and Activities from Wearable Device Brain Signal Recordings.3 Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence: A new road to the future Digital world.4 Technical and Societal Challenges: Exploit the Profound Impacts of IoT.5. Evolution of Social IoT World: Security Issues and Research Challenges. 6. User Authentication: Keystroke Dynamics with Soft Biometric Features7: Internet of Nano-Things Forensics: Performing Digital Forensics in Nanoscale Systems. 8: Aspects of Ambient Assisted Living and its Applications. 9: Naming Services in Internet of Things. 10: Review on communication security issues in IoT medical device. 11: IoT challenges: Security. 12 Non physician Primary Health Care Workers: Making Wearable Computational Devices, Electronic Health Records Work for them. 13. Semantic Technologies for IoT. Applications of IoT to address the solutions for children affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders
B.K. Tripathy has received 03 gold medals for topping the list of candidates at graduation and post-graduation level of Berhampur University. He was a Professor and Head of the department of Computer Science of Berhampur University till 2007. Dr. Tripathy is now working as a Senior Professor in School of Computing Science and Engineering, VIT University, Vellore, India. He has received research/academic fellowships from UGC, DST, SERC and DOE of Govt. of India for various academic pursuits. Dr. Tripathy has published more than 400 technical papers in different international journals, proceedings of reputed international conferences and edited research volumes. He has produced 26 PhDs, 13 MPhils and 4 M.S (By research) under his supervision. Dr. Tripathy has published two text books on Soft Computing and Computer Graphics. He was selected as honorary member of the American Mathematical Society from 1992-1994 for his distinguished contribution as a reviewer of American Mathematical Review. Dr. Tripathy has served as the member of Advisory board or Technical Programme Committee member of several International conferences inside India and abroad. Also, he has edited two research volumes for IGI publications and is editing three more research volumes. He is a life/senior member of IEEE, ACM, IRSS, CSI, ACEEE, OMS and IMS. Dr. Tripathy is an editorial board member/reviewer of more than 60 journals. He has guest edited some research journals. Dr. Tripathy has Technical grants for research projects from various funding agencies like UGC, DST and DRDO. His research interest includes Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Rough Sets and Knowledge Engineering, Data Clustering, Social Network Analysis, Soft Computing, Granular Computing, Content Based Learning, Neighbourhood Systems, Soft Set Theory, Social Internet of Things, Big Data Analytics, Theory of Multisets and List theory.
Anuradha J. is an Associate Professor and Head, Department of Database Systems in School of Computing Science and Engineering, VIT University in Vellore, Tamil Nadu. She has more than 13 years of teaching experience and has published atleast30 technical papers in international journals/ proceedings of international conferences/ edited chapters of reputed publications. She has worked and contributed in the field of Data Mining, Medical Diagnosis and Computational Intelligence. Her research also focuses on machine learning algorithms using soft computing techniques. She is currently working on spatial mining and Big Data Analytics. She has co-authored a book on Soft Computing: Advances and Applications by Cengage Publishers. Her research interest also includes Fuzzy Set Theory and Applications, Rough set Theory and Knowledge Engineering and Information Retrieval.