© 2006 – Routledge
Routledge A Level English Guides equip AS and A2 Level students with the skills they need to explore, evaluate and enjoy English. Books in the series are built around the various skills specified in the assessment objectives (AOs) for all AS and A2 Level English courses.
Focusing on the AOs most relevant to their topic, the books help students to develop their knowledge and abilities through analysis of lively texts and contemporary data. Each book in the series covers a different area of language and literary study, and offers accessible explanations, examples, exercises, summaries, a glossary of key terms and suggested answers. Interpreting Texts:
* breaks down the barriers which often inhibit the interpretation of texts
* explores a wide variety of literary and non-literary examples
* covers key skills and topics including discourse, intertextuality and theoretical approaches
* guides the reader through the literary, social and cultural aspects of text
* can be used as both a course stimulus and a revision tool.
Written by an experienced teacher and AS and A2 Level examiner, Interpreting Texts is an essential resource for students of AS and A2 Level.