Interpretive Solutions for Dynamic Structures Through ABAQUS Finite Element Packages
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 15, 2021
The ABAQUS is a general-purpose finite element simulation package used for mainly numerically solving a wide variety of design engineering problems, however, its application to simulate the dynamic structures within the civil engineering domain is highly complicated. Therefore, this book aims to present specific complicated and puzzling challenges encountered for application of the Finite Element Method (FEM) in solving the problems regarding Structural Dynamics by using ABAQUS software, which can fully utilize this method in complex simulation and analysis. Various chapters of this book are demonstrating the process for modeling and analysis of impenetrable problems through simplified step by step illustration with presenting screenshots from software in each part/step and showing graphs.
Here are some highlights about this book:
- Focusses on solving problems in the Structural Dynamics using ABAQUS Software
- Helps to model and analysis different types of structures with various dynamic and cyclic loads
- Discusses simulation of irregular-shaped objects composed of several different materials with multipart boundary conditions
- Includes application of various load effects to the developed structural models in ABAQUS Software
- Covers a broad array of applications such as bridges, offshores, dam, seismic resistant systems, and so forth.
In overall, this book is aimed at graduate students, researchers, professionals in structural engineering, solid mechanics, and civil engineering.
Table of Contents
1. Development of Subroutines for ABAQUS 2. Evaluate Performance of Steel Wall in Structures Subjected to Dynic Load 3. Performance of Reinforced–Concrete Frame with Embedded FRP Rod Under Cyclic Load 4. Cyclic Loads Capacity of Precast Beam-Column Dowel Connection 5. Simulation of The Pre-Loaded Bolt Connection Under Cyclic Loading 6. Beam-Column Connection Retrofitted With CFRP Sheets Subjected To Monotonic And Cyclic Loading 7. Hollow Circular Ultra-High-Performance Concrete (UHPFRC) Section Under Lateral Cyclic Load 8. Modal Analysis of Three Stories Building
Farzad Hejazi is Associate Professor and Research Coordinator at Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University Putra Malaysia (UPM) and Senior Visiting Academic in University of Sheffield. He received his PhD in Structural Engineering from University Putra Malaysia in 2011 and worked as postdoctoral fellow until 2012 and thereafter employed as a member of department of Civil Engineering, UPM. His specific field of expertise are Structural Engineering, Structural Dynamic, Reinforced concrete Structures, Vibration, Finite Element Method, Inelastic Analysis, Earthquake, Damper Device, Vibration Dissipation Systems, Active and Passive Structural Control Systems, Optimization, Computer Program Coding, Structure Simulation. Hojjat Mohammadi Esfahani received his bachelor of Mechanical Engineering at 2007 and his Master of Science in the same field of Mechanical Engineering at 2017. His main expert and focus area is Finite Element Simulation and he has more than 10 years’ experience in teaching and training of Finite Element Packages such as ABAQUS. Currently he is involving with many research and industry projects regarding simulation of complex and infrastructures by using ABAQUS Finite Element Software in Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, University Putra Malaysia (UPM).