Introduction to Experimental Methods
Introduction to Experimental Methods succinctly explains fundamental engineering concepts in mechanics, dynamics, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics. From conceptualizing an engineering experiment to conducting a comprehensive lab, this book enables students to work through the entire experimental design process.
Offering a complete overview of instruction for engineering lab methodology, the book includes practical lab manuals for student use, directly complementing the instruction. Numerous worked examples and problems are presented along with several hands-on experiments in individual lab manuals. This book discusses how to write lab reports, how to configure a variety of instruments and equipment, and how to work through failures in experimentation.
Introduction to Experimental Methods is intended for senior undergraduate engineering students taking courses in Experimental Methods. Instructors will be able to utilize a Solutions Manual for their course.
- Provides an overview of experimental methods in mechanics, dynamics, heat transfer, and fluid dynamics
- Covers design of experiments, instruments, and statistics
- Discusses SolidWorks and PASCO Capstone software
- Includes numerous end-of-chapter problems and worked problems
- Features a Solutions Manual for instructor use