Introduction to Facility Management
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 30, 2020
Introduction to Facility Management is a comprehensive introduction to the dynamic and diverse field of facility management (FM). It answers questions such as: What is facility management? What does a facility management professional do? How can we classify facility management products and services? How do you set up a facility management organisation? How do you manage service processes using a master dashboard? Reflecting on current events, the book defines new and exciting roles for facility management professionals.
This first international edition of the bestselling Dutch Basisboek Facility Management describes global trends and developments and international FM-standards and practices. With contributions of thought leaders, such as Diane Levine, Jens Schlüter, Michiel Bakker, Elizabeth Nelson, Nicolas White and Susanne Balslev Nielson, Introduction to Facility Management
- is the first international book on facility management, which is supplemented and commented on by facility management teachers and practitioners;
- intriguingly and enthusiastically describes the full scope of the FM-profession;
- provides a theoretical framework and insight into FM-practice.
Table of Contents
1. What is Facility Management? 2. Social Dynamics that Shape Work 3. Experiencing the Work Environment 4. The Functioning of the Facilities Organisation 5. Quantifying Facility Management 6. The Future of the Facility Management Profession 7. Research in Facility Management Glossary Bibliography Appendices
Hester van Sprang is Lecturer in Facility & Real Estate Management at Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands and The University of Greenwich, UK.
Bernard Drion was formerly Professor of Facility Management at Breda University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands. He has also held various management positions at consultancy firms, Hospitality Group.