Implementing new information technologies into the healthcare sector can provide alternatives to managing patients’ health records, systems, and improving the quality of care received. This book provides an overview of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies related to the healthcare field and covers the main advantages and disadvantages along with industry case studies.
This edited volume covers required standardization and interoperability initiatives, various Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning algorithms, and discusses how health technology can meet the challenge of improving quality of life regardless of social and financial status, gender, age, and location. The book presents real-time applications and case studies in the fields of engineering, computer science, IoT, and healthcare and provides many examples of successful IoT projects.
The target audience for this edited volume includes researchers, practitioners, students, as well as key stakeholders involved in and working on healthcare engineering solutions.
About the Editors
1. Artificial Intelligence-Based Smart Medical Services
Dhanasekaran Arumugam, Christopher Stephen, Vishnupriyan Jegadeesan, Ajay John Paul,
Arunpillai Viswanathan Harish, Krishna S., and Gunalan K.
2. Securing IoT Devices for Healthcare Systems Using Optimization-Based Approaches
Ankur Khare, Rajendra Gupta, and Piyush Shukla
3. Internet of Everything- Based Advanced Big Data Journey for the Medical Industry
Piyush Gupta, Bhupendra Verma, and Mahesh Pawar
4. IoT in Smart Rehabilitation
Meena Gupta, Ruchika Kalra, and Prakash Kumar
5. Internet of Things in Smart and Intelligent Healthcare Systems
Puja Gupta, Mukul Shukla, Neeraj Arya, and Upendra Singh
6. Energy Harvesting for IoT Networks in Smart and Intelligent Networks
Yogita Thareja, Kamal Kumar Sharma, and Parulpreet Singh
7. IoT Healthcare Applications
Shifa Manihar and Tasneem Bano Rehman
8. Applications, Opportunities, and Current Challenges in the Healthcare Industry
Veena A. and Gowrishankar S.
9. Internet of Things- Healthcare System Architectures to Enhance the Healthcare Industry
Anil Audumbar Pise and Sangiwe Moyo
10. An IoT- Based Moving Vehicle Healthcare Service
Vandana Roy, Hemant Amhia, Shailja Shukla, and A. K. Wadhwani
11. DDoS Attack Detection Using Predictive Machine Learning (ML) Algorithms in Wireless Body Area Network Environments
Bachu Taye Welteji, Basant Tiwari, Solomon D. Kebede, Shailendra Gupta, and Vivek Tiwari