The Jacob’s Ladder Reading Comprehension Program:
- Targets reading comprehension skills in high-ability learners.
- Moves students through an inquiry process from basic understanding to critical analyses of texts.
- Uses a field-tested method developed by the Center for Gifted Education at William & Mary.
- Enables students in grades K–8 to comprehend and analyze any reading passage after completing the activities.
- Features optional student workbooks for each book and grade level.
The second edition of the program features comprehensive teacher's guides and new readings and ladders for student use.
Each complete set includes the teacher's guide and 5 copies of each companion student workbook.
Joyce VanTassel-Baska, Ed.D., is the Jody and Layton Smith Professor Emerita of Education and former Executive Director of the Center for Gifted Education at William & Mary in Virginia, where she developed a graduate program and a research and development center in gifted education. She also initiated and directed the Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University.
Dr. Tamra Stambaugh is the Director of Programs for Talented Youth at Vanderbilt University. She is the coauthor (with Dr. Joyce VanTassel-Baska) of Comprehensive Curriculum for Gifted Learners, Overlooked Gems: A National Perspective on Low-Income Promising Students, and the Jacob's Ladder Reading Comprehension Program.