Leadership Resilience in a Digital Age
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 21, 2021
The book focusses on the challenges faced in the digital age, and the increasing demands for continuous change in an inter-connected digital world. The book presents stories about how leaders have faced significant challenges and pressure, and how they have used these experiences as catalysts to transform, flourish, and develop personal resilience. The book explores the digital journey, ethical issues, teamwork, agile, collaboration, trust, culture, psychological safety, self-awareness, vulnerability, conversation, positivity, emotional intelligence, styles of leadership, creativity, inner knowing and the dark side of leadership.
Drawing on the experiences of leaders in the creative, digital and technology sectors in the UK, and using their voice throughout has resulted in proposing several internal and external strategic solutions to help the reader become more personally resilient. The book explores the impact of continuous change within a digital age, presenting the facets necessary to become a Digital Sage in an increasingly chaotic world. With a focus on creativity, innovation and mind and body awareness the Digital Sage arises to combat personal resilience. This book will help the reader to make sense when working in digital teams, exploring styles of leadership whilst offering strategies for resilience and wellbeing.
The book does not assume prior knowledge of the field of resilience and is ideal for executive education courses, and for leaders and managers seeking personal and professional transformation.
Table of Contents
1. The Journey
2. The Digital Age: Change, Culture and Ethics
3. Leading Digital Teams
4. Exploring Personal Resilience (PRQ) By Riding the Waves
5. Self Awareness: Vision, Values and Self Knowledge
6. Contemporary Styles Of Leadership: Assess your Style and Create your Brand!
7. Conversational Leadership and Reaching Out
8. Creativity and Making Space for Wellbeing
9. Darkside to Light? How Dark can it Get?
10. Personal Resilience Strategies for Leaders: Internal and External Wellbeing
11. The Leader as a Digital Sage
Janette Young, is an experienced Senior Academic, Consultant and Coach. Most recently Director of a suite of MSc E-Business programmes at the Newcastle University Business School. Author of Personal Knowledge Capital: The Inner and Outer Path of Knowledge Creation in a Web World.