With this book, principals, principals-in-training, and other school leaders get practical, easy-to-implement strategies for professional growth, strengthening relationships with faculty and staff, and making the necessary changes to improve K-12 learning environments.
Grounded in specific, real-world examples and personal experiences, The Learning Leader shows educators how to develop both as professional leaders and as learners.
- Using data to improve student learning
- Advice for applying twenty-first century learning
- Tips for strengthening communication and collaboration
- Self-reflection activities to hone leadership goals and skills
Table of Contents
1. Learning in the Twenty-First Century: What Is the Literature Telling Us? 2. Building Trust
4. Assessing the Need for Change
5. Developing Habits of Thinking
6. Professional Learning: Development of Self and Others
7. Personal Best