Linear induction accelerators are successfully used as power supplies for numerous devices of relativistic high-frequency electronics. This book addresses ways to solve physical and engineering problems arising in the calculation, design, modeling and operation of linear induction accelerators intended for supplying relativistic microwave devices. It reviews and analyzes both classic and recent studies on the topic of linear induction accelerators (LIA) for generating and amplifying microwave radiation by relativistic devices.
Table of Contents
1. Principle of operation, construction and parameters of linear induction accelerators
2. Linear induction accelerators of the Research Institute of Nuclear Physics
3. Relativistic microwave devices with the electron beam formed by the linear induction accelerator
4. Relativistic magnetron microwave generators powered by linear inductive accelerators
5. Generators of microsecond pulses