First published in 1993. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Dedication, Joseph D. Lichtenberg, M. D.
Prologue, Gail S. Reed, Ph.D. and Howard B. Levine, M. D., Issue Editors
- Countertransference Strain and the Use of the Analyst, Elsa First, M. A.
- Aspects of Reality, and the Focus of Interpretation, Michael Feldman, F. R. C. Psych
- The Analyst's experience in the Psychoanalytic Situation: A Continuum Between Objective and Subjective Reality, Alan Z. Skolnikoff, M.D.
- Structural Actualities of the Transference and Their Effects on the Analyst's Functions, Stanley L. Olinick, M. D.
- Unconscious Fantasy and Theories of Technique, Frederic J. Levine, Ph.D.
- Is Love in the Analytic Relationship "Real"?, Axel Hoffer, M. D.
- Slaying the Dragons of the Past or Cooking the Hare In the Present: A Historical View on Affects in the Psychoanalytic Encounter, Andre Haynal, M. D. and Ernst Falzeder, Ph.D.
- Reality and Psychic Reality in Ernst Kris's Last Papers: An Attempt to Update His Findings, Martin S. Bergmann
- Actuality and Illusion in the Transference: A Brief Discussion, Howard B. Levine, M. D., Issue Editor
Epilogue: Actuality, Illusion, and Clinical Authority, Gail S. Reed, Ph.D., Issue Editor