London is a living architectural exhibition. This tried and trusted portable guide will help you to find your way around one of the world’s most exciting cities, offering architectural experiences and insights into London’s finest contemporary architecture.
- features more than 400 buildings including key venues from the 2012 Olympic Park
- provides a superb full colour photographic record of the capital
- aids navigation of the city’s greatest architectural sights with a clear map-based format
- considers each district in turn, identifying the buildings most worthwhile visiting, and providing essential information and insights into each
- includes a large scale, portable, lightweight map, for use when walking the tours
Jam packed with the author’s intimate architectural experience and knowledge of London’s buildings, the accompanying commentary is both lively and entertaining, providing all the information that any architectural explorer will need to appreciate and experience London’s contemporary architecture.
Praise for the previous edition:
The guide celebrates the only way to understand architecture: in the flesh. - Thom Dyckhoff, Architecture Critic, The Times
Everything that a Londoner, a visitor or any city lover will need. - Jane Priestman OBE, Chair of the Board of Trustees, Open House London