72 pages | 47 B/W Illus.
Making Big Decisions Better is leading a global movement to equip present and next generation leaders with proven strategy tools that enable agile thinking that ignites stronger, more predictable, direct paths to profit.
No more academic theories. These are real tools and a system that enables improved strategic thinking and leadership.
This book bridges an unspoken gap in strategy thinking that until now, only provided leaders with just SWOT and Porter’s 5 Forces as the language of strategy.
By using the decision making tools in Making Big Decisions Better, you’ll finally remove the mystique of those you manage up to, and lead those that report to you. You will standout and have a transportable set of tools for any role or industry.
There’s never been a better time to break away from the outdated, mainstream strategy planning process that misused scarce resources, burned out its leaders and never delivered the results.
It’s your turn to learn and lead!
Part 1: Fix - The Problems with Strategy
1. Absence of a Shared Language – No One’s On the Same Page
2. Mistaken Identity: A Decision Making Discipline not a Retreat
3. Outsourcing Strategy – Don’t By-Pass Sweat Equity
4. Forgetting About Profit - Why No VP of Profitably
5. Mixed Up on Metrics – When was the answer ever: Have more metrics
6. Vague Latitude – Assumed Buy-in from Boards and Employees
Part 2: Build –A Simple System to Make Big Decisions Better
7. Introduction to the System – What to Create, Why and How
8. Strategic Assumptions and Implications: Connect Outside to Inside
9. Product Market Capability Engine (PMC) – Create the Economic Engine to Make Big Decisions
10. Goals and Gaps – Find and Fixate on the Few Goals that Matter
Part 3: USE – How to Use Your Strategy to Drive Results
11. Pressure Test – Six Sanity Check Criteria to Evaluate Your Strategy
12. Reinstate Root Cause – Cause is King for Sustaining Results
13. Use it or Lose It – Using the Strategy Systems To Deliver Results
14. Check in Quarterly - Use It or Lose It