Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Management: The Basics provides an easy, jargon-free introduction to the fundamental principles and practices of modern management.
Using examples ranging from people management at Cadbury and the Enron crisis to the marketing of fried chicken in China, the book explains key aspects of management, including:
- business strategy and how to use it to meet goals;
- how successful marketing works;
- how organizations are structured and function;
- fundamentals of corporate finance;
- human resource management’s role in the management and development of people;
- the importance of knowledge and culture to management.
This second edition has been updated to take account of general advances in management thinking, including developments in governance, responsible management and environmental pressures, and a new emphasis on health and well-being in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic. It brings management thinking fully up to date with the latest currents and trends. This accessible, readable primer is an ideal starting point for anyone wanting to learn about business and management.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: what is management? 2. Strategy 3. Managing people 4. Managing organizations 5. Production 6. Marketing 7. Finance 8. Knowledge and technology 9. Globalization and culture 10. The manager
Morgen Witzel is a lecturer and Fellow of the Exeter Centre for Leadership at The University of Exeter Business School, UK. His recent publications include Post-Pandemic Leadership (edited, Routledge 2022) and A History of Leadership (Routledge 2019).